Ineligible Player Outcome

Good news for Egremont 3 Cumbrian teams in top flight next year I hope

I sincerely hope you are right, Egremont have a tough game at Siddal this week while Lock Lane are Hull Dockers. Egremont's last 2 games are Pilkington Recs at home and Hull Dockers away so it could go down to the last week. Hope not though

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Big Mac,can you explain to me why Workington and Whitehaven are struggling at Pro level but yet the amateur game in  that area is strong?? I have seen Wath Brow,Kells and Egremont this season and they have some very good players who IMO could step up to the Kingstone press league 1 easily if not the Championship?

Big Mac,can you explain to me why Workington and Whitehaven are struggling at Pro level but yet the amateur game in  that area is strong?? I have seen Wath Brow,Kells and Egremont this season and they have some very good players who IMO could step up to the Kingstone press league 1 easily if not the Championship?

1.The financial package not attractive enough

2.Travellers & DR players playing at the expense of locals= no game time.

3.Maybe they just like playing in winning teams with ambition and going on international tours

Sorry neutralfan, been a bit busy today and just seen your post, its simple really, the semi pro clubs have a lot of players that are only interested in the ££££££££££££, only a very few have any loyalty's towards the club they play for, also the DR is a disaster if a club is trying to attract local players to join them, the super league clubs supplying the DR players dictate when the players and I also think in what position they play, a local player has a lot to play for as he is playing for his local semi pro club in front of his family and friends, but unfortunately they  struggle to get there chance,  this has all been proven in the past in my eyes, and no young player wants to be 18th man every week or left out whilst DR players are put in to the team.

The only semi pro team in Cumbria that have a good working relationship with the amateurs are Barrow Raiders, they have a good mix on there books and are recruiting well, they work hard with the local clubs and don't just singe a player to stop someone else get hold of him, Town started well this season with locals but the lack of field time soon disheartened the young player's, they returned to there amateur clubs.

Archived