Manchester Rangers duo to play for Poland

Manchester Rangers Rick Ward and Anthony Petrykowski are to play for Poland in two game series at GB Teachers

On the 27th and the 29th.

Great to see a mention of the Manchester Club in the local press and the clubs connection with Polska XIII being strengthened.

A double win for Polish Rugby League and a club knocking on the door of League One.

https://insidetameside.com/2016/10/rangers-duo-receive-poland-call-up/

Manchester Rangers Rick Ward and Anthony Petrykowski are to play for Poland in two game series at GB Teachers

Great to see a mention of the Manchester Club in the local press and the clubs connection with Polska XIII being strengthened.

A double win for Polish Rugby League and a club knocking on the door of League One.

Have Manchester formally applied to join League One yet?

I believe so. We could do with more transparency at the RFL so we can actually see what clubs have applied and what the status of those applications are.

I wonder if they're on standby if York don't sort themselves out. The RFL did say they were running a 16 team league in the press release

But not at the expense of York!

Any application would have been made independent of the situation at York well in advance.

As any team wanting to enter League One has to be assessed and go through a vetting process first.

I can imagine there is a number of candidates who could step in and take a League One place to fulfill York's fixtures.

Going back to my original point it would be nice if we had more transparency on teams that have applied to join League One.

1) It's got one... They are called Salford,2)  have lots of money and 3) no one goes....!

1 Questionable 2) Very questionable 3) Correct but one out of three is not bad!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

This is great news but where's all the screaming about heritage this and false teams that? ;)

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

This is great news but where's all the screaming about heritage this and false teams that? ;)

Both the players involved have put personal money and time into helping the league form in Poland.

Anthony in particular makes many trips to Poland to help form the new league.  

Will have been invited over by the President Łukasz Łucka.

The games are development games, not world cup qualifiers.  Basically will be providing on field coaching.

If we were talking about a Polish League that had been well established and the players involved were taking part in a World Cup Qualifier, then I would stand by statements previously about not playing players   on a Grand Parent rule.  Games that count towards a World Cup place should have similar criteria for nationality as you would expect to face when applying for a passport.

The goal of international expansion has to be transfer ownership of the game to new countries.  I don't believe this tour contradicts this. 

14650575_1105978049510431_72474437266373

14650669_993689177427109_169752305030657

Archived