2nd/3rd Sept : Super 8s - Qualifiers Match thread

9 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Any spectator who enters the field of play should be arrested, or if the police are not available they should be ejected from the ground. End of story.

Fully agree. The whole situation at Featherstone arose because the stewarding did not do this and were incapable of doing so. When Police arrived no action and end of game culprit stood next to Police smiling.

Featherstone have confirmed the troublemakers were not from HKR on that day.

But some want to make something from nothing. Why I wonder?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

I don't know I, I was more just making a point that entering the field of play's not acceptable irrespective of who you support rather than having a go at anyone in particular.

I agree. The Fev segregation on Sun was probably an over reaction and caused mild distress when 2500 Rover's fans had to share very limited WC facilities. My daughter was bursting to go after the game before a drive back to Hull and the stewards wouldn't let her go to the ladies behind the main stand (she's 14). Bit unreasonable I thought.

3 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Fully agree. The whole situation at Featherstone arose because the stewarding did not do this and were incapable of doing so. When Police arrived no action and end of game culprit stood next to Police smiling.

Featherstone have confirmed the troublemakers were not from HKR on that day.

But some want to make something from nothing. Why I wonder?

So, in this post you fully agree that the culprit who ran onto the pitch should have been arrested and thrown out of the ground but in an earlier post he was just a harmless old drunk?

A bit more explaining needed here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

As I understand it is the law of the land that entering the field of play uninvited leads to ejection and arrest.

He was a harmless drunk.

My concern was always that the Security staff were too few, badly managed and incompetent. They created the problem by not acting correctly.

FCS stop trying to stir it Mr old frightful.

55 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

As I understand it is the law of the land that entering the field of play uninvited leads to ejection and arrest.

He was a harmless drunk.

My concern was always that the Security staff were too few, badly managed and incompetent. They created the problem by not acting correctly.

And we're still waiting for the investigation findings.  If the drunk had been drinking Fev booze, are they liable for allowing him to carry on drinking?  

3 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

He was a harmless drunk.

The law as applied would be Featherstone/RFL rules against entering the field of play. Arrest would under Section 4 of the Public Order Act. The stewards acted as you would expect, with safety first and non-intervention until someone's welfare was endangered. That was probably the point at which the police were called. There's no excusing the Rover's fans that were drunk to the point of losing their balance before a ball was kicked. That was contributory to the problems.

The fact you refer to these as Rovers fans (Fev or KR) without any evidence of identification and counter to Fevs General Manager statement raises the question as to whether you are a reliable robin. I wonder why people post under a pseudonym rather than their plain simple name and why no history of previous posts.

I challenge your provenance!

Oh I was there Steve. Unfortunately distracted from what was a decent close enjoyable game. Both sets of fans were rowdy all game. You are at liberty to doubt any provenance you desire. I will support my club and rally with my fellow Robins' supporters, but I won't allow those loyalties to prejudice my judgement against the facts as presented a few metres from me on the day. I go to watch a good game of footy with my kids, that experience should not include being witness to behaviour as displayed on the day. KR fans reacted badly to a situation and deserved any punishment metered out. In fact we were all punished to a degree on Sunday.

Regards

Stu (East stander)

32 minutes ago, Reliable Robin said:

You are at liberty to doubt any provenance you desire. I will support my club and rally with my fellow Robins' supporters, but I won't allow those loyalties to prejudice my judgement against the facts as presented a few metres from me on the day.

What a breath of fresh air.

Sadly, Steve won't allow anybody's facts to prejudice his loyalty.

Stu....Again you repeat KR fans! The only colours on show were those of the Fev thugs allowed to move ends at halftime and choosing to get involved.

KR fans were not the ones reacting, you must have heard the incitement of the home crowd if you were near to the incident as I was.

4 hours ago, stevereed100 said:

Students...Again you repeat KR fans! The only colours on show were those of the Fev thugs allowed to move ends at halftime and choosing to get involved.

KR fans were not the ones reacting, you must have heard the incitement of the home crowd if you were near to the incident as I was.

That's an interesting path of reasoning. I think I was around 6 years old when I was taught how to react to provocation. The KR fans needed to be mature enough to ignore or at least laugh off any goading by Fev fans (thugs is a poor, inflammatory choice of language that perhaps sums up the reason you feel restrained within that corner you backed yourself into). A serious question - if I loosen my language towards a man and he reacts with violence towards me and I suffer a measure of harm is that entirely my fault?

:blink:

If this had been a boxing match the ref would have called halt some time ago.

Archived