2nd/3rd Sept : Super 8s - Qualifiers Match thread

Discuss all this weekend's Super 8s Qualifiers games here.

Saturday 2nd September :

London Broncos v Warrington Wolves K.O. 8PM Sky TV

Sunday 3rd September :

Featherstone Rovers v Hull KR K.O. 3pm

Halifax v Catalans Dragons K.O. 3pm

Leigh Centurians v Widnes Vikings K.O. 3pm

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, jpmc said:

The wolfs

Fev

Fax

Leigh

Scoff me if you wish JP but I see this week as a change round, I believe it will be HK's last victory in the 8's and it will be Catalans first in a run in of 4 victories

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

8 minutes ago, GaryO said:

Scoff me if you wish JP but I see this week as a change round, I believe it will be HK's last victory in the 8's and it will be Catalans first in a run in of 4 victories

There's a good chance your right Gary, I just feel this will be the round of upsets, especially Fev & fax. 

2 hours ago, GaryO said:

A bit of wishful thinking? Rovers may have to fight to get a win at Featherstone...Yet you think " it will be" a HKR win...And you think Widnes and Catalans are relishing a trip to the KCom Stadium in the following 2 weeks.

It's a brave man who favours Hull KR this week giving them 8 points from 8 then thinks the 2 weakest teams in SL can stop the automatic promotion target.

Only time will tell!

16 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

A bit of wishful thinking? Rovers may have to fight to get a win at Featherstone...Yet you think " it will be" a HKR win...And you think Widnes and Catalans are relishing a trip to the KCom Stadium in the following 2 weeks.

It's a brave man who favours Hull KR this week giving them 8 points from 8 then thinks the 2 weakest teams in SL can stop the automatic promotion target.

Only time will tell!

Hi Steve,

Good to hear from you. I see that in spite of 23 pages, 572 replies and 15,921 views, you chose not to post on the Challenge Cup Final thread.

You must have been rather more confident of a Hull FC victory than I was.

Enjoy your trip to Fev and try and behave when you visit the outside bar and burger van on Sunday.

:good:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

31 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

Only time will tell!

Not wishful thinking at all Steve, just an opinion, based on what I have witnessed so far this season, I have seen versus Leigh, KR twice, Widnes twice and Le Cats three times, based upon what has been offered up, Catalan I think will turn things around and again my opinion I think they will be physically to strong for you, on the other hand I consider Widnes will be to fast, funnily enough maybe the game at the HJ could be your saviour depending on Warrington having got to that game undefeated and already had a good celebration the week before and it prooving a dead rubber for them.

But as you say, Only time will tell!

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

OF ....sadly sat by the pool in Turkey so have avoided that awful trip to Featherstone. Radio Humberside will gladly substitute for the hostile Featherstone hordes.Suspect we are taking 2200 fans as reinforcements, not a drop will pass our lips but suspect Featherstone will run a professional stewarding team this time, no more mates from the pubs. May even have radios, supervision and badges!

As for that pack of verbal charlatans west of the river I have no interest despite being barred from commenting on their threads.Did they scrape a win last week?

God help us if we get back to SL and have to put up with 1945 kick offs on a Thursday and Friday as well as putting the fish bobbers back in their place!

Nice of you to give me shout out all the same.

Gary O if I get you right you have seen Rovers beat Leigh away twice and still think Widnes and Catalans will be anything but afraid when they come to East Hull. You must really dislike the best team in the Championship!

55 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

OF ....sadly sat by the pool in Turkey so have avoided that awful trip to Featherstone. Radio Humberside will gladly substitute for the hostile Featherstone hordes.Suspect we are taking 2200 fans as reinforcements, not a drop will pass our lips but suspect Featherstone will run a professional stewarding team this time, no more mates from the pubs. May even have radios, supervision and badges!

As for that pack of verbal charlatans west of the river I have no interest despite being barred from commenting on their threads.Did they scrape a win last week?

God help us if we get back to SL and have to put up with 1945 kick offs on a Thursday and Friday as well as putting the fish bobbers back in their place!

Nice of you to give me shout out all the same.

Gary O if I get you right you have seen Rovers beat Leigh away twice and still think Widnes and Catalans will be anything but afraid when they come to East Hull. You must really dislike the best team in the Championship!

No not at all Stevie, if you get promotion you will have deserved it, yes I have seen your boys win twice at the LSV and I wouldn't want to belittle those victories by any means whatsoever, you were the better team on both occasions and deserved the victories, but on both occasions I did feel that HKR rightly took advantage of Leigh's worst performances of the season, please believe me there is no malice in that statement, it is not my style, it is my honest opinion.

Quite rightly both Widnes and Catalan will not be looking forward to visiting you for such important fixtures for both clubs, but as I stated through my observations this season of seeing all three teams collectivley in live action on 7 occasions my judgement tells me that they will both take home the spoils from East Hull.

But I have been known to have been wrong before, I think that it was sometime in March, could easily have been Feb or April of 1978,  I should really remember an occasion as such;)

Personally I don't know where this new found expectancy has come from this Widnes team! I'm not convinced over them at all. 

A couple of big wins over Championship sides not at their best doesn't paper over the cracks that has been their car crash of a season, so far. 

Im relishing both them and Catalans coming to Craven Park this campaign. I've very confident that we'll win at least one of them. 

53 minutes ago, Red robin said:

Personally I don't know where this new found expectancy has come from this Widnes team! I'm not convinced over them at all. 

A couple of big wins over Championship sides not at their best doesn't paper over the cracks that has been their car crash of a season, so far. 

Im relishing both them and Catalans coming to Craven Park this campaign. I've very confident that we'll win at least one of them. 

Yet nobody on this thread has actually predicted a Widnes win.

Until now ? Widnes to beat Leigh with ease as they have already done twice this year

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Until now ? Widnes to beat Leigh with ease as they have already done twice this year

Gary O has by predicting Hull KR will lose their last 3 games!

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

That is precisely why Widnes are due to lose at Leigh!

7 hours ago, Red robin said:

what you on about? most on this thread reckon we'll lose against Leigh, me included!

14 minutes ago, chuffer said:

what you on about? most on this thread reckon we'll lose against Leigh, me included!

Me too, but I still think that you have the players to do a job at HKR.

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Pleasantly surprised to see a couple of people tipping Fev, we were truly awful at Widnes. That said, we could easily have beaten HKR both times we played them in the regular season but if we play like we did at Widnes it could be very one-sided.

that plus the fact that I feel that Hull Kr might not been able to keep their successful record (i am not talking about overconfidence, more about a "average day", and fev could take advantage of it.)

but that is just my feeling

On 30/08/2017 at 11:25 PM, Old Frightful said:

Hi Steve,

Good to hear from you. I see that in spite of 23 pages, 572 replies and 15,921 views, you chose not to post on the Challenge Cup Final thread.

You must have been rather more confident of a Hull FC victory than I was.

Enjoy your trip to Fev and try and behave when you visit the outside bar and burger van on Sunday.

:good:

Hope those Mouth Breathers aren't available this week.

London will pull off an upset at some point the question in this match concerns the first 20 minutes and the last. If Warrington kill the game in he first 20 going 24-0 up then they will win by a shed load. If London are within 6 entering the last 20 the all things are possible.

Warrington like Leeds and Hudderrsfield last year are the team that on paper should not be in the qualifiers but are. Complacency might yet play a part. Still  I will tip them a win at Trailfinders.

Hull KR to win the war of the rovers

Halifax to beat Catalans which should not be that great a shock.

Widnes to beat Leigh and upset Chairman Beaumont.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

14 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

London will pull off an upset at some point the question in this match concerns the first 20 minutes and the last. If Warrington kill the game in he first 20 going 24-0 up then they will win by a shed load. If London are within 6 entering the last 20 the all things are possible.

Warrington like Leeds and Hudderrsfield last year are the team that on paper should not be in the qualifiers but are. Complacency might yet play a part. Still  I will tip them a win at Trailfinders.

Hull KR to win the war of the rovers

Halifax to beat Catalans which should not be that great a shock.

Widnes to beat Leigh and upset Chairman Beaumont.

Halifax held Warrington to 4-4 the other week at half time and London are a more capable side. This might be the Broncos week

Archived