15th Sept :Super 8s : Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils K.O. 8pm

5 hours ago, bobbruce said:

All super league clubs produce a programme. ?

I've got a mental image of Shaun Wane in a director's chair and sunnies, leaping out of it and shouting at lead actor George Williams, "NO NO NO. CUT CUT CUT. DO IT AGAIN WITH MORE ****ING AGGRESSION".

Then Kris Radlinski runs on with a clapper board.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Then Kris Radlinski runs on with a clapper board.

For free obviously.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

17 hours ago, Charlie RL said:

Nobody saying much - was this Leeds win a non event?

Well for me it was an enjoyable game to watch. Yes, odd from atmosphere because of the knocking down of parts of stadium.

Leeds where quite free flowing when they had the ball but possession at times was dominated by Salford but they found yardage difficult and lacked execution when opportunities arrived.  Leeds defence as in aggressive tackling was good, although its always difficult to judge good defence or poor attack as its hard from the sidelines to see if a team is causing a team to have to think or whether moves are well telegraphed.

So intensity may not have been their because of league standings but despite all the gloom sometimes on this forum about the game of RL it was for me and people I spoke to entertaining.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, RayCee said:

I guess programmes take a lot of time and thought to produce so for some smaller clubs, the limited market for them makes the effort not worthwhile. 

Yes, I understand that Ray but it doesn't help me as a programme collector since 1971. I played for the Staff of Life -  a pub team, in 1987 and we had programmes for every game. I produced them on my own. I have also produced hundreds of editions of match programmes for Irlam Hornets and Eccles. It is not that difficult. I think you would agree that Wigan St. Patricks, Ince Rose Bridge, Leigh East and Leigh Miners Rangers are small clubs, yet I never fail to get programmes there. Pro clubs used to get advertisers to cover the cost, and maybe even make a profit on match programmes. That doesn't happen now because crowds are dwindling and clubs can't afford to pay printing costs. Modern programmes are littered with mistakes now too, even in Super League. Spelling mistakes or the failure to cut and paste properly - leaving the previous weeks' info on a new programme. I watched Bradford .v. Rochdale Hornets early in the season and the front cover read "welcome to Swinton Lions". I have all but one of Salford's programmes this season. Plenty of errors in them.

1 hour ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Plenty of error's in them.

:huh: 

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived