Normanton at Featherstone

The Baron Mk11

Conditions apart (for both teams), we were collectively very poor today, but congratulations to Normanton on their gritty performance.  The second half conditions would have tested the best, but some of our decision making and execution was abysmal.  At least, we are in the hat and hopefully a much needed money spinner in the next round.  Naturally, Killer is dismayed (to say the least) at today's team performance and he faces an uphill task to motivate them for "Toronto's" visit.  We will need a more experienced team for that game and hopefully today's injuries will have recovered. 

We where good in the first half, strong runs and making good decisions  they had no ball in our half and only scored off of our penalties.

But the second half was poor, again like last week we went into our shells and allowed them to run on to us and I don't care who you are playing you let a team get momentum they are dangerous. I think the weather played a factor only in that it stopped us spreading the ball like we would have liked to do, but we allowed ourselves to be sucked into an arm-wrestle which is what they would have wanted. Poor kicking is a real problem and the number 6 needs to be addressed, he has made improvements since last year, tackling and ball handling have improved but he is a kicker and that's what we need him to do.

I would also like to mention some of the conduct of normingtons fans, disgusting to say the least calling our players c****, and pu***s is not on at all as there where kids present I think it was a real black spot on the game.

10 hours ago, The Lad said:

We where good in the first half, strong runs and making good decisions  they had no ball in our half and only scored off of our penalties.

But the second half was poor, again like last week we went into our shells and allowed them to run on to us and I don't care who you are playing you let a team get momentum they are dangerous. I think the weather played a factor only in that it stopped us spreading the ball like we would have liked to do, but we allowed ourselves to be sucked into an arm-wrestle which is what they would have wanted. Poor kicking is a real problem and the number 6 needs to be addressed, he has made improvements since last year, tackling and ball handling have improved but he is a kicker and that's what we need him to do.

I would also like to mention some of the conduct of normingtons fans, disgusting to say the least calling our players c****, and pu***s is not on at all as there where kids present I think it was a real black spot on the game.

In reference to your last paragraph,your absolutely right this conduct doesnt have a place in our game.Especially with kids present,great example-NOT!

9 minutes ago, mickhornet said:

Sheddings was voted the coldest ground in the country.The wind was like ice  yesterday, good luck at Fax if its on.

Cheers mate.I cant see it being on,trans pennine routes into yorky land are closed.I watched you game at fev,it looked a bit nippy.Well done on the win,Normanton did play a great game though.

It was a miracle anyone could catch or throw the ball in those conditions, I had long johns (tucked into socks) long sleeved t-shirt, shirt, fleece lined thick zip up cardigan, parka, scarf, hat and gloves, I couldn't hold my bovril at half time, never mind catch a rugby ball. Second half I couldn't feel my face or talk, just mumbled. So well done to the lads from both sides, the weather was a good leveller for Normanton and gave the fans something to shout about.

I agree the language from the Normanton fans was abysmal, would you use that language in front of your own kids, well yes you did, morons.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:16 AM, moorside roughyed said:

In reference to your last paragraph,your absolutely right this conduct doesnt have a place in our game.Especially with kids present,great example-NOT!

Its a conference team and I don't mean to generalise but you get that at that level, one big question is why don't the stewards do anything?, I have seen it before involving us or other fans and they don't seem to do anything. they need to invest in better stewarding training or something.

7 hours ago, The Lad said:

Its a conference team and I don't mean to generalise but you get that at that level, one big question is why don't the stewards do anything?, I have seen it before involving us or other fans and they don't seem to do anything. they need to invest in better stewarding training or something.

It doesnt matter what division a team plays in people need to have decency about them.What example is it setting to the younger generation.Thats how you end up with feral kids.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, The Baron Mk11 said:

It was a miracle anyone could catch or throw the ball in those conditions, I had long johns (tucked into socks) long sleeved t-shirt, shirt, fleece lined thick zip up cardigan, parka, scarf, hat and gloves, I couldn't hold my bovril at half time, never mind catch a rugby ball. Second half I couldn't feel my face or talk, just mumbled. So well done to the lads from both sides, the weather was a good leveller for Normanton and gave the fans something to shout about.

I agree the language from the Normanton fans was abysmal, would you use that language in front of your own kids, well yes you did, morons.

I would have thought that you would have worn your Mankini just to show those soft sods from Yorkshire what a proper Lancastrian is made of Brent.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, mickhornet said:

Telling kids to put their feet down is one thing. Dealing with aggressive drunks quite another.

But that is what they are there for, if they can not keep order then it is time to get better ones. It happen a couple of time at spotland and nothing was done.

On 3/20/2018 at 1:09 PM, Big Doug said:

I would have thought that you would have worn your Mankini just to show those soft sods from Yorkshire what a proper Lancastrian is made of Brent.

Zips gone.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Archived