Lebanon Players to Boycott Internationals Over World Cup Management

Hmmm I'm not so sure about this one. The Fiji situation is a pretty clear case of prize money which exists being withheld from the players who were promised it. This quote:

It’s understood the players feel they were underfunded and didn’t receive the support they were expecting as they attempted to take on the big names on the international stage.

suggests that the Lebanon players just had ridiculous expectations of what a fledgling, amateur organisation could realistically provide. There is no suggestion that LRLF have withheld any promised prize money, just that an organisation run on a shoe string ran their World Cup operation on a shoe string. Also why is this only coming out now, 5 months after the WC?

It's always hard to know who is telling the truth in these situations but something doesn't seem right here.

20 minutes ago, damp squib said:

Hmmm I'm not so sure about this one. The Fiji situation is a pretty clear case of prize money which exists being withheld from the players who were promised it. This quote:

suggests that the Lebanon players just had ridiculous expectations of what a fledgling, amateur organisation could realistically provide. There is no suggestion that LRLF have withheld any promised prize money, just that an organisation run on a shoe string ran their World Cup operation on a shoe string. Also why is this only coming out now, 5 months after the WC?

It's always hard to know who is telling the truth in these situations but something doesn't seem right here.

Similar to how I see it too. Fittler has always been involved at the top level of RL. I doubt he realised how little money there is at the lower end of the scale. He’s probably worth more than the whole of the RLEF members put together barring England.

rldfsignature.jpg

The perception was the Lebanon community were promoting just about every other team, they couldn’t understand why some of that money went into that.

I don't understand what Fittler means here. Does he mean the LRLF? That doesn't seem to make sense. Does he mean the Sydney Lebanese community?

Along with Serbia, I couldn't think of any other more hard working national committee.

The players have offered no reason for their decision to step down bar fly away comments that the interests of Lebanese RL were not at the forefront of the management.

Pathetic and a grand shame.

3 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Along with Serbia, I couldn't think of any other more hard working national committee.

The players have offered no reason for their decision to step down bar fly away comments that the interests of Lebanese RL were not at the forefront of the management.

Pathetic and a grand shame.

The only comments I've seen are from the NRL players yet they are supposed to be supporting domestic players who have been strangely silent on the matter.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived