Watersplash Final documentary?

Just caught up with it today, cracking documentary. Keeping it to watch again as my co-Wembley travellers are visiting in a few weeks and I may put it on for them

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/05/2018 at 4:51 AM, fieldofclothofgold said:

The crowds went into decline in the early 60s 63-64 after the post war boom which every sport enjoyed

The decline began in the mid 50s n the low was reached in the mid 70s.SL average crowds at Leeds,Wigan,Warrington,Hull n Saints are back to around early 1960s levels.A  big difference is the decline of cup crowds.

• 3 months later...

They showed this again on BBC2 this morning.  Was a great program. 

Was Neil Fox confident in his playing days?  (thought he came across as a cocky sod, not a bad attribute for a rugby player to be fair!)

Will be on the iPlayer for the next 30 days.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

19 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

They showed this again on BBC2 this morning.  Was a great program. 

Was Neil Fox confident in his playing days?  (thought he came across as a cocky sod, not a bad attribute for a rugby player to be fair!)

Will be on the iPlayer for the next 30 days.

Neil was confident but not cocky and he was a TEAM PLAYER.Some spectators thought he lacked pace but i watched him in training and he could match wingers over 50 mtrs.

Archived