Do we have our Top 8 already?

I don’t think I have seen such a distinct difference in standard between the top 8 and bottom 8 as I do this year. 

There seems to be already just two teams outside the 8 with the team to sneak in, but even then, I think the Tigers are in decline and finding their real place on the ladder and the Raiders, well, they have a reasonable squad that just seems to squander winning positions.

Add to that, the only team in the 8 I see as vulnerable are the Broncos. Even then if I had to put my house on it, O would tip them over the other two.

Yes, I think we do.

As you say, of those in the current top 8, Broncos look the least convincing currently.

I hope Tigers make it but they will have to recapture their early season form.

Raiders I reckon have under performed . Maybe they could mount a late season flurry of form and creep in to the top eight.

Its been a strange season so far with more unpredictability which is making for a better comp results wise, I don't think the Top 8 will clear till a game or two after Origin finishes, a couple of the bottom teams are quite capable of doing some unexpected turnovers especially those in the wooden spoon section for the first time in a while. I'm hoping Bellyache decides to stay with Storm which should improve their lack of consistency (though its not gone off the rails like Wigan)

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Following the Warriors` usual capitulation at Penrith on Friday,I`d say the wheels are wobbling so much,they`re about to fall off in a big way. Therefore expect them to drop down the ladder like the  proverbial sack of spuds. Next four game;Broncos away,Storm home,Titans away,and Dragons away will see them battling to survive and come the end of the season will be once again firmly rooted down with the cellars dwellers

• 4 weeks later...

Demoralising to see the dragons dominate a whole half and look totally disjointed lateral and toothless . Hunt and widdop look like they’ve never met each other and the side to side was so ponderous it was painful . Really fell off since Origin in terms of zest and potency , bit of deja vu . Souths and Roosters looking good though at the right time . That would be a dream GF for most down there

Archived