Newcastle Thunder should be a SL club

I watched 4 seconds of the Toronto game and its clear to me there are 2 sets of markings, RU in White and RL in Blue.

- 20m line in Blue and a 22 in White.

- dashed 30 line in blue and marks for 10 (tap) and 20 (scrum line) in from touch.

Some lines are dual purpose so are more visible. It obviously meets operational rules otherwise it couldn't be played there. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Spidey said:

Considering the name on their account. They’re not looking at the “Big Picture” ?

Its perfectly acceptable to 99% of RL fans

That's because those fans have internalized the idea that RL is the poor cousin in British sports and as the cousin it has to make do.  Despite that they whinge and moan big time about the markings at Lamport.

10 minutes ago, TDC said:

I watched 4 seconds of the Toronto game and its clear to me there are 2 sets of markings, RU in White and RL in Blue.

- 20m line in Blue and a 22 in White.

- dashed 30 line in blue and marks for 10 (tap) and 20 (scrum line) in from touch.

Obviously some lines are dual purpose so are more visible. It obviously meets operational rules otherwise it couldn't be played there.

You are correct, I had to look again to see the blue lines.  If that meets operational rules, those rules need to be revised to shed the game's poor cousin mentality.

12 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

That's because those fans have internalized the idea that RL is the poor cousin in British sports and as the cousin it has to make do.  Despite that they whinge and moan big time about the markings at Lamport.

You are correct, I had to look again to see the blue lines.  If that meets operational rules, those rules need to be revised to shed the game's poor cousin mentality.

Did you choose the username out of sarcasm?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

7 hours ago, Newcastle Thunder said:

It’s a dual marked pitch with both RL and RU lines on

makea sense with it being 4G 

Do those markings get painted on in the same way as they would on grass, or different with it being 4G? 

Reason I ask is, is there not a way to 'green out' whichever markings aren't needed for that particular game (whether a union or League game)?. Not really a massive issue but I think if I was watching on TV i'd find the union markings off putting and a strain to see the league markings in blue. 

36 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

You have too much time on your hands if that's all you can find to moan about.

17 hours ago, DavidM said:

My mams family is Geordie and to say there’s no love lost is , err , an understatement! Like us and haven just not quite so bad ...

Agreed!  Durham Wasps -v- Whitley Warriors is the only ice hockey match I have ever been to where a fight broke out...

...in the pre-match warm-up!

Archived