Trent Barrett Quits Manly

Trent Barrett has announced he’s quitting as Manly coach at the end of the season in a few weeks time.

It’s his first coaching job so some see this as a brave thing to do. On the other hand there’s the thought that Manly have let him down. 

It seems they wanted to keep his resignation quiet until the season had ended.

I’m guessing he doesn’t want the club’s onfield struggles this season being left at his door.

I remember he signed on for another year with them on the understanding that he would get more support staff round him. I take it then that this hasn’t happened and he feels let down.

Next St. George's coach! I should edit my post in McGregor's thread. :D

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Manly not commenting any more having given out a holding statement.

Comment are coming out sounding positive about him JTurbo for example says he likes  Barrett and wants him to be there for the long haul.

JTurbo:

''I love playing under him, I hope he's my coach for the whole of my career.

''I don't think there is too much to worry about, he came out and said it was all speculation. Nothing too much to worry about.''

"You will continue to see speculation over the coming days in relation to the future coaching structure at our Club and indeed across the NRL," Gorman said in the email released earlier in the day.

"As outlined in my letter to you recently, the Club's singular focus at the moment is on its last three games and ensuring that we finish as high up the NRL ladder as possible.

"To that end the Club will not be embroiling itself in the constant speculation around Coaching movements either within our Club or indeed, across the NRL.

.... that's from the club

7 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Or edit your laughable emoji at my suggestion that he will be at Penrith next year.

Why? Nothing personal. I find the idea of a Gould/Barrett pairing hilarious... It would be quite entertaining.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

12 hours ago, Vichyssoise said:

Why? Nothing personal. I find the idea of a Gould/Barrett pairing hilarious... It would be quite entertaining.

Nothing personal taken, but the way Gould has been publicly praising Barrett the last 6 weeks, demonstrates the affection.

*edit I see Panthers have already publicly said Barrett is not in their plans. Is that a sign that he will be or won’t be ?

Archived