2019 season tickets

moorside roughyed

2 hours ago, Whitworth Yed said:

.... when Doris returns from her 2 week holiday.

Why the wait?  Potential for a new team to be drafted into League 1, after all we have lost 3 teams in the last couple of seasons, quite a drop in revenue for the club.

Because Doris deserves her holiday, she's been pushing that tea trolly round red hall for the best part of 12 months without a days sickness or holiday, come on....she deserves the break.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/5/2018 at 11:01 PM, roughyed34 said:

No apologies needed ,I don't dispute what you say Sheddings I don't know much about it tbh, just had a little look out of interest and gleaned that bit of info from t'internet.

Like you say we seemed to have a decent lottery thing going on, I thought it was just from our club,seems there may be more to the workings of it than meets the eye.

I wonder if people are put off joining if this is right, wondering what money Oldham actually get from it and thinking they may be "helping" other clubs and have a lesser chance of a win if all the clubs are involved? 

Interesting, maybe the club should clarify it and make a push to get more members if it helps the club in some way.

Then again marketing is nonexistent at ORLFC. ?

R34, you are right in saying that not knowing for sure what Oldham actually get from the lottery is off-putting for potential new members. I was all ready to sign up but as I don't have money to just throw around I'd hate to think I was paying to help Yeds' competitors or, even worse, SL clubs.

It would indeed be useful for the club to clarify and make a push for more members if the club gets something worthwhile out of it.

Going off the number of posts on the forum regarding lack of information, maybe a change of name from ORLFC to ORLFSS (Secret Society) would be appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Whitworth Yed said:

So....will our fixtures be revealed today?

I'm looking foolish here, I actually believed the customer service representative when she told me the 19th, of course the RFL are not known for moving the goal post's are they. think I will ring again and give them the benefit of my very sharp tounge, quick wit and repartee.

They may be waiting on what is happening at Keighley or lack of happening nearer the truth.

13 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Rumours abound that fixtures are due around the 25th for Champ/League 1. Not sure how much truth is in them though. Probs right Baron, murky waters still around Leigh and Keighley are delaying things.

Maybe they should merge.  Leighley Cougarians.

1 hour ago, roughyed34 said:

Rumours abound that fixtures are due around the 25th for Champ/League 1. Not sure how much truth is in them though. Probs right Baron, murky waters still around Leigh and Keighley are delaying things.

Well the customer service representative (Doris) has confirmed to me by telephone today that the fixture list for Championship and Championship One will be out on the 25th with the caveat " unless something else happens between now and then" (her words). She then had to dash off, the tea was getting cold and one of the tea trolly wheels had developed a squeak.

Well that's me signed up for a season ticket. Many thanks to Anne (a pleasure to deal with) and Dave Naylor for helping me out.

Obviously don't know how many games I'll get to, due to my health, however felt this was my best way to support the club financially.

On 11/19/2018 at 2:12 PM, Dave Naylor said:

I dread to think what's to come. 

If they can't fix doris's squeaky wheel she will be made redundant. They have made her an offer in line with the other fat cats that have recently moved on, fourteen pounds six shillings and ninepence, oh, and she can keep the tea urn because they are getting one of those nice automated devices that serve frothy tea with chocolate on top......grand!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Season-ticket deadline extended to January 11

OLDHAM RLFC wishes to emphasise how crucially important it is for the club’s well-being that fans rally round and buy season tickets for the 2019 season.

Many of you have done so already and we thank you for that, and appreciate your backing. We really do hope, however, that more of you will follow suit.

WITH THAT IN MIND, THE DEADLINE FOR BUYING AT DISCOUNTED PRICES HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL FRIDAY, JANUARY 11, TWO DAYS BEFORE OUR FIRST PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY AT BARROW.

Read full article

• 5 weeks later...

One more week for season tickets

IT still isn’t too late to buy an Oldham RLFC season ticket for the forthcoming 2019 season.

Read full article

** The technical issue referred to in the article was a lost network connection on the server.  My phone sends me alert when any of the services I manage go offline.  It was bonging its head off late-on during Friday.  Such is life!

• 4 weeks later...

Season-tickets update

FANS can now pick up season tickets and scarves from the club office inside the Vestacare Stadium from 2pm TODAY and up to 5pm.

Times for the rest of the week are amended to give supporters an extra hour.

Thursday: 10am to 5pm

Friday: 10am to 5pm

Saturday: 10.30am to 1.30pm

Merchandise is currently in transit and is due to arrive tomorrow (Thursday).

As soon as it does people will be informed.

Fans collecting season tickets and, ultimately, merchandise that was pre-ordered, are reminded to have receipts or online confirmation with them.

Archived