Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
leighminers

Fixtures

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, leighminers said:

Anyone any idea when the fixtures are out?first round of the challenge cup draw? And will there be a conference challenge trophy this year?

It was said at the clubs meeting last week that the fixtures will be out in the week before Christmas, the invite for the CC said the draw was on 14 December before the England Acadamy vs Aussies game at Headingley. Not sure about the Trophy, not been mentioned. Dont think the appetite is there for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday gone was the deadline for clubs to put in their fixture requests so im sure they are now being worked through. I really hope this year they get as much home and away as possible on consecutive weeks.

Challenge cup first round to be played 26th/27th Jan with draw on 14/12. Looking forward to it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impartial Observer said:

It was said at the clubs meeting last week that the fixtures will be out in the week before Christmas, the invite for the CC said the draw was on 14 December before the England Acadamy vs Aussies game at Headingley. Not sure about the Trophy, not been mentioned. Dont think the appetite is there for it. 

Yeah it's our understanding the Challenge Trophy has died a death......looks like we get to keep it forever haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thepimp007 said:

Friday gone was the deadline for clubs to put in their fixture requests so im sure they are now being worked through. I really hope this year they get as much home and away as possible on consecutive weeks.

Challenge cup first round to be played 26th/27th Jan with draw on 14/12. Looking forward to it

 Fixtures will be out when they can work out the best formula for having all 4 West Cumbria clubs home on the same weekends.

 

HW

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah it's our understanding the Challenge Trophy has died a death......looks like we get to keep it forever haha.

Should give it to the club who as won it the most times ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looking at the fixture’s for Kells, Brow & Egremont and the league have done a better job at making sure all 3 sides are not at home or away on most of the fixture’s this year.

My only concern is apart form two derby fixtures the rest see’s the 3rd team at home on the same day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 11:19 AM, Cumbria1 said:

Just looking at the fixture’s for Kells, Brow & Egremont and the league have done a better job at making sure all 3 sides are not at home or away on most of the fixture’s this year.

My only concern is apart form two derby fixtures the rest see’s the 3rd team at home on the same day.

What is the big deal with them being at home at the same time? I’m only asking because I don’t understand why it’s an issue. Is it about picking up neutrals? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, beefy1 said:

What is the big deal with them being at home at the same time? I’m only asking because I don’t understand why it’s an issue. Is it about picking up neutrals? 

When a team is away you get quite a few of their supporters going to watch one of the other teams, this is especially true with a derby game, if the third team is at home the crowd difference is noticeable. For example, I have seen quite a lot of people I know to follow Kells at Egremont v Wath Brow games when Kells are away or not playing but you could easily pick any combination.

Last season the biggest factor in the lower crowds at some of the derbies appeared to be whether the game was on Freesports or not


100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

When a team is away you get quite a few of their supporters going to watch one of the other teams, this is especially true with a derby game, if the third team is at home the crowd difference is noticeable. For example, I have seen quite a lot of people I know to follow Kells at Egremont v Wath Brow games when Kells are away or not playing but you could easily pick any combination.

Last season the biggest factor in the lower crowds at some of the derbies appeared to be whether the game was on Freesports or not

Ok. Thanks for the explanation.

We have similar issues in our area with it being saturated with NCL teams. Shaw Cross, Dewsbury Moor, Dewsbury Celtic, Thornhill and now Batley Boys all within roughly 3 miles of each other. That makes it hard to pick up neutral supporters that just like to get out and see a game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beefy1 said:

Ok. Thanks for the explanation.

We have similar issues in our area with it being saturated with NCL teams. Shaw Cross, Dewsbury Moor, Dewsbury Celtic, Thornhill and now Batley Boys all within roughly 3 miles of each other. That makes it hard to pick up neutral supporters that just like to get out and see a game. 

Similar situation, there's about 5 miles between Egremont and Kells which is the greatest distance between the 3 clubs and now Hensingham have joined the NCL, they are closer to the other 3 teams than that.

People realise that clashes cannot be avoided but it did seem to happen many times with all 3 teams were at home one week then all away the next.

Edit: Just checked the results, it didn't happen as many times as I'd have guessed it did, some fixture dates did change through the year but probably more due to perception

Edited by Cumbrian Fanatic

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...