Bradford Sunday

yck2017

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bullmania, where were you stood. to have a perfect view of Ryan's disallowed try, and Judah's try? They were in opposite corners of the ground, so if you are so confident you re correct, (and believe me, Ryan did not score), you must have exceptional eyesight.

Just checked again, still Bradford 14, York 24.

7 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Bullmania, where were you stood. to have a perfect view of Ryan's disallowed try, and Judah's try? They were in opposite corners of the ground, so if you are so confident you re correct, (and believe me, Ryan did not score), you must have exceptional eyesight.

Just checked again, still Bradford 14, York 24.

He was also able to accurately count all '50' York fans dotted around the ground, including those watching from the bar, corporate suites, main stand and terracing. Amazing! 

Bradford could've done with his exceptional eyesight all those years ago in the budgeting department....

Thought both teams were poor in executing their attacks to be honest, plenty of times we were in Bradford's half but failed to force anything in the first half and we got very lucky with Webster's missed pass plus other attempts that on another day could have seen a couple of tries for Bradford. 

Everyone always mentions our goal line defence (which is very good, don't get me wrong) but I thought we were exceptional in stopping Bradford even getting out of their half during their sets, something we do against other teams regularly which I personally think goes unnoticed a lot. I think it was only a handful of times in the first half they actually made it out compared to us who would at least get to their 40m line every set and turn them right round on their goal line. 

Smart play as well to run down the clock while Judah was in the bin; kicking for touch, taking the two etc. Marsh, Robinson & Teanby the standouts for me. Going to be interesting once the likes of Tim Spears comes back fit. 

I would be more than happy with just staying up this season on merit (something which we've failed to achieve in this division since the reincarnation of the Knights) - that's going to be easily achieved. Feel we shall just fall short of the play offs but even with Widnes looking like they'll have minus 12 points, who knows how far we could actually go with this side. The Leigh game will probably be the biggest marker so far of whether we finish there or not. 

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Excellent post TTT. Like you, I'd be more than happy to get a finish in the top 10, and while I still think the play offs are slightly out of reach, I am very excited to see how we have started. I thought 3 wins from the first 6 fixtures would be a good solid start, but with 3 out of the first 4, plus the demise of Widnes, and the form of Toulouse and Halifax, I am now more than hopeful we will finish in the top half.  I think we could do with a couple more good forwards as we get into the season, and I'm sure Fordy has a few irons in the fire. 

Many reasons we ground out the win at Bradford, but for me, as at Dewsbury, Graeme Horne provided the extra class to get us over the line. Bring on Leigh.

20 hours ago, Boyny said:

Headaches just worn off. Return bus ticket to York station £4.40. Onto 13.17 direct train to Bradford £19 return. Stopped at every little station eventually arriving at 14.29. £7 taxi to Odsal.£25 into ground. Never had a pint before or during the game. Good banter .Every York pass was forward! Our defence was great especially when we picked up a Bulls forward and took him over our dead ball line giving us the restart. Ash Robson was involved in everything until he had to come off.Harry Carter was non stop.Every York pass was forward. The lead cheerleader had a bad looking accident I hope shes ok. At least 50 York fans there. Went into Q Gardens bar afterwards and caught up with an old mate who gave me lift back to York dropped me off at Bootham Tavern 19.30. Enjoyed rest of the night with some tightwad mates who never went but listened to the game hunched over the wireless. Another good day out. Worth every penny. Every York pass was forward!!

A lovely resume' of your day out Boyny but you forgot to mention we were offside at every play the ball!

Archived