Jake Connor

On 3/6/2019 at 12:46 PM, Kirmonds pouch said:

I seriously doubt you do.

23 hours ago, MZH said:

Go on then, list the half backs in SL better than Sneyd, Kelly and Connor. It's not a long list.

Still waiting. This must be some list.

On 3/6/2019 at 1:57 PM, MZH said:

Go on then, list the half backs in SL better than Sneyd, Kelly and Connor. It's not a long list.

Well Kelly hasn't been decent for years so virtually all of them above him. To early to tell with Connor, he's not exactly been playing in the halves forever has he. Sneyd I like.

I certainly rate Brough and Miller way above Kelly and certainly as good as Sneyd - as I say with Connor its too soon to be touting him as a great HB. So over all no I don't think you have the best HB's in SL and there are a few at other teams I'd take before troubling Hull - sorry just my opinion.

44 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Well Kelly hasn't been decent for years so virtually all of them above him. To early to tell with Connor, he's not exactly been playing in the halves forever has he. Sneyd I like.

I certainly rate Brough and Miller way above Kelly and certainly as good as Sneyd - as I say with Connor its too soon to be touting him as a great HB. So over all no I don't think you have the best HB's in SL and there are a few at other teams I'd take before troubling Hull - sorry just my opinion.

It's easy to pour scorn on people's opinion without actually backing it up with anything, but that's a fair response. Although to say Kelly hasn't been decent for years is very harsh imo. 2018 was ruined by injury, but in 2017 he was outstanding and was on the man of steel shortlist, deservedly so. But if you don't rate someone then you don't rate them. That's fine.

I personally wouldn't swap any of ours for your two, but we all have our own opinions and biases. I liked Miller at Hull, there was clearly a player in there, it was just too much pressure on him too early in his career. I am pleased that he has gone well for you. Brough I have mentioned before. I think he is a hugely talented player, and I will always have a bit of a soft spot because of 2005. But I just think he has a tendency to go missing or do something stupid when the pressure is on.

There isn't a player in the competition I'd take in exchange for Connor.

Looks like he could be back for the Easter period which will be a great boost at what is always a crucial point in the season.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived