Pro Stadium event.

rockerlad

34 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

http://www.workingtonreds.co.uk/forum/index.php?sid=88a237a284a793355dfcee34e2310260

check out these details on the pro stadium event being organised for next weekend. this needs as many people in attendance and backing this as possible to show the powers that be that this stadium is wanted and needed for the good of the area.

Great idea,  a good attendance and hopefully our allected council will take some notice, let's get behind it folks it could be our last chance.

2 minutes ago, TOWNSTRIP13 said:

Would having a petition on the matter be any good, It's just a thought that might help, good luck also.

Brian white (exile) on the reds forum has been going round getting signatures of support from the shops in town. 

53 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

http://www.workingtonreds.co.uk/forum/index.php?sid=88a237a284a793355dfcee34e2310260

check out these details on the pro stadium event being organised for next weekend. this needs as many people in attendance and backing this as possible to show the powers that be that this stadium is wanted and needed for the good of the area.

Great stuff, hopefully get loads down to this show the council people are bothered if the stadium gets built!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

please see the email below from Richard Lewthwaite head of the west Cumbria youth who are backing the event.

Dear All

I have been contacted by both Workington Reds and Workington Town regarding an event that is being held to support the building of a new shared stadium in Workington.  

As I'm sure you are aware plans for both the new stadium and equally importantly an adjoining community 4g facility were pretty well advanced, however since the local council elections in early May some doubt has been thrown on the project due to the new make up of Allerdale Council.

We as a Youth League have made no secret of the fact that we fully support the proposed development because of the far reaching benefits it brings for the future of West Cumbrian sport. This scheme isn't just about the here and now but about providing first class sporting facilities for the whole West Cumbrian community for many years into the future. Opportunities like this do not come along every day and we must make the best of them. These people want your help!! 

So what is being planned.

On Friday 14th June at 6pm it is proposed that anyone who wishes to support the project will meet at The Hub in Workington town centre (outside Costa) and they will walk the short distance to Workington Cricket Club where they will gather in a 'Pop Up Stadium'  

The idea being that presence of representatives of many local clubs, organisations etc etc will show how the communities of West Cumbria as a whole need this new facility. It must be said at this time that this is NOT a political rally in any way shape or form!

How can you help? we have been approached as a league as we could quite possibly stand to be the biggest beneficiaries of these new facilities, with nearly 2500 active players in our organisation it is no surprise they want our support.

Obviously the first thing they want is as many kids and parents to turn up next Friday evening for the event, we'd suggest kids wear team colours if possible, but first of all they want you to pledge your support of attendance by emailing

as soon as possible

As stated earlier we as a committee are in favour of the development plans and would be grateful for any support our member clubs, players and parents feel able to give. We have been asked if club secretaries could circulate this to any contacts they have within their clubs as well as adding into WhatsApp groups etc that you use to communicate. Obviously we know its quite short notice so if this could be done promptly that would be great.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully you will be able to show support to the event.

As you know we are committed to the development of youth football in our area and this is certainly one project that would have massive benefits to us all.

Regards

Richard Lewthwaite (League Chairman

Email from Brian White organising the event.

Hi All,

Hope you are well. I am organising a pop up stadiun event for Friday 14th June at 6pm.

Leaving from the Hub and walking down to the Cricket ground

I’m hopeful of getting 8000 people to attend, with the support of the West Cumbria Youth Football

League giving me a good start many, many members!

I’m holding a planning meeting tonight at 6pm at Derwent Park for anyone interested in helping.

We will be raising some money for charity at the same time as the event – to ensure it will always have

been worth the effort.

It will be a support event, NOT a protest event, please respect this, given the high number of children expected

to attend, to try and secure their futures in West Cumbrian Sport.

Both the club’s are getting behind the event. We hope to have a Sprint

Challenge between Reds and Town, etc flyers as a bit of a spectacle.

A lot to organise but quite a compact event, I hope, lasting little over an hour, and the forecast is currently dry.

I have been petitioning the Town Centre Shops (management) over the last few days and we have about 40 signatures

No refusals, just a few referrals to head office, which is understandable.

We have a dedicated email address for this event  popupstadium@outlook.com for people to pledge attendance

and help us plan better.

Amongst the weirder things we need are megaphones (labour party?) and dachsunds x4

Hope you can support us in some way…anyone who can’t make the event…send a proxy!

It’s really that important.

Cheers

Brian

PS please forward this to anyone who cares about Sport and opportunities for young people in West Cumbria!!

56 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

Email from Brian White organising the event.

Hi All,

Hope you are well. I am organising a pop up stadium event for Saturday 15th June at 6pm.

Leaving from the Hub and walking down to the Cricket ground

I’m hopeful of getting 8000 people to attend, with the support of the West Cumbria Youth Football

League giving me a good start many, many members!

I’m holding a planning meeting tonight at 6pm at Derwent Park for anyone interested in helping.

We will be raising some money for charity at the same time as the event – to ensure it will always have

been worth the effort.

It will be a support event, NOT a protest event, please respect this, given the high number of children expected

to attend, to try and secure their futures in West Cumbrian Sport.

Both the club’s are getting behind the event. We hope to have a Sprint

Challenge between Reds and Town, etc flyers as a bit of a spectacle.

A lot to organise but quite a compact event, I hope, lasting little over an hour, and the forecast is currently dry.

I have been petitioning the Town Centre Shops (management) over the last few days and we have about 40 signatures

No refusals, just a few referrals to head office, which is understandable.

We have a dedicated email address for this event  popupstadium@outlook.com for people to pledge attendance

and help us plan better.

Amongst the weirder things we need are megaphones (labour party?) and dachsunds x4

Hope you can support us in some way…anyone who can’t make the event…send a proxy!

It’s really that important.

Cheers

Brian

PS please forward this to anyone who cares about Sport and opportunities for young people in West Cumbria!!

Thought it was Friday? As mentioned in earlier posts.

Is there a way in which the club can send this out to all the local rugby clubs? Seaton, maryport, distington, lowca, elbra, maryport, Glasson, Clifton, aspatria etc. Is there a poster that can be shared on social media?

I am away on Friday but would love to have came. 

I think it's worth pointing out that it's one thing getting thousands to turn up for a 'rally'. But both clubs REALLY need these people to turn up on a Saturday or Sunday for home games to really show support.

1 hour ago, townie88 said:

Is there a way in which the club can send this out to all the local rugby clubs? Seaton, maryport, distington, lowca, elbra, maryport, Glasson, Clifton, aspatria etc. Is there a poster that can be shared on social media?

I am away on Friday but would love to have came. 

I think it's worth pointing out that it's one thing getting thousands to turn up for a 'rally'. But both clubs REALLY need these people to turn up on a Saturday or Sunday for home games to really show support.

I am lead to believe that all the clubs are to be notified about the event and to get as many kids there with their club colours on if possible , if this can happen and the support of the many youth football clubs that are in the area and the general public it will be a great event but people need to back it. 

Archived