Manchester Rangers on TRL podcast talking plans

Basically, the Rangers charitable foundation was always a separate entity to the Rangers first team with League 1 aspirations. They’re simply going to continue growing grassroots participation and will employ a full time development manager. This is fantastic. 

4 hours ago, dealwithit said:

Basically, the Rangers charitable foundation was always a separate entity to the Rangers first team with League 1 aspirations. They’re simply going to continue growing grassroots participation and will employ a full time development manager. This is fantastic. 

Its more or less a separate group of people from the people focusing on League One.

Big part in pulling the crowds for those Friday night games back at the regional arena by engaging with the local community.

I listened to the podcast and was really encouraged by it. If only we had more people entering the game with this kind of (business) plan the future of the game would be secure. These people are the real heroes of our game. Three cheers for them. There has been so much money wasted by egotistical chancers vieing for glory in Super league based on a twelve month business plan it's a crying shame. Where are the Bob Browns, the Mick Hogans, the Matt Valentines , the men of integrity, who understand there's no such thing as a short cut, who play the long game because it's the only game worth playing. The true lovers of the game. 

8 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

If only we had more people entering the game with this kind of (business) plan the future of the game would be secure. These people are the real heroes of our game. 

Unfortunately we did and told them to go away.

But your right its the unknown heroes who really grow our sport, who want to make the world a better place through sport.

2 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Unfortunately we did and told them to go away.

But your right its the unknown heroes who really grow our sport, who want to make the world a better place through sport.

That sounds like a story Tex, please tell me more? 

21 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I think you’d get mass opposition by most Oldham, Swinton and Rochdale fans, in all honesty and I can’t see how a mixture of those three clubs and potential new investors could sell a Manchester club as a positive and convince enough people it’s a good enough idea. 

Don't forget Salford if we are listing all the backwards thinking Manchester based RL fans.

Salford and Swinton are West Manchester based teams, Rochdale and Oldham are more in the North & East.  So there are 2 potential "Manchester" clubs between them. The Rangers fit in more with the latter 2 clubs.  

Where any of them can find a decent stadium of course is anyone's guess.

Wider Manchester should  concentrate on growing promoting strengthening the local amateur teams/players.

1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

Don't forget Salford if we are listing all the backwards thinking Manchester based RL fans.

Salford and Swinton are West Manchester based teams, Rochdale and Oldham are more in the North & East.  So there are 2 potential "Manchester" clubs between them. The Rangers fit in more with the latter 2 clubs.  

Where any of them can find a decent stadium of course is anyone's guess.

Wider Manchester should  concentrate on growing promoting strengthening the local amateur teams/players.

By West Manchester you mean Salford.

Not sure why you think Salford fans are backwards thinking?

Can't really be blamed for getting stuck with that stadium.

5 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

By West Manchester you mean Salford.

Not sure why you think Salford fans are backwards thinking?

Can't really be blamed for getting stuck with that stadium.

Swinton are stuck with a stadium. Rochdale are stuck with a stadium and Oldham are stuck with a stadium. All have money problems.  They are in the twilight zone.  What effort is there to improve their lot?  What other enterprising options do they offer as an alternative?

7 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Swinton are stuck with a stadium. Rochdale are stuck with a stadium and Oldham are stuck with a stadium. All have money problems.  They are in the twilight zone.  What effort is there to improve their lot?  What other enterprising options do they offer as an alternative?

sorry genuinely don't understand what question you are asking me.

4 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Oldham aren't stuck with a ground, not really a stadium, we are tenants to an amateur football team

5 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

sorry genuinely don't understand what question you are asking me.

Many clubs either are tennants of other grounds or have legacy stadiums which are inadequate. Or both.  My final point in an earlier comment was that even if 2 clubs came together in a suburb of the wider Manchester area their other problem would be finding (e.g., building or leasing) a suitable stadium for them.

My view is that these clubs need to work together to improve their lots.  I think that the highly commendable efforts of the Rangers is irrelevant in the context of these "Manchester" clubs prospering in the name of pro. RL.

21 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Many clubs either are tennants of other grounds or have legacy stadiums which are inadequate. Or both.  My final point in an earlier comment was that even if 2 clubs came together in a suburb of the wider Manchester area their other problem would be finding (e.g., building or leasing) a suitable stadium for them.

My view is that these clubs need to work together to improve their lots.  I think that the highly commendable efforts of the Rangers is irrelevant in the context of these "Manchester" clubs prospering in the name of pro. RL.

In my opinion any club can do well under the correct leadership.

You need likeable people, with a good sense of business who are willing to work with others.  Who are not in it for a sense of ego.  Calling a club Manchester is not as important as having quality in place to take it forward.

Two clubs together is in reality one club dying.

I also think people and clubs could replace existing regimes.

I.E. if oldham died a new oldham club could replace them.

If the political will is not to reduce the number of clubs.

Archived