What RL memorabilia have you found at carboots, charity shops etc.??

I was at a carboot last weekend. There was a guy there selling hundreds of RL and football shirts, shorts, training wear and what have you. 

I got myself 3 old Hull shirts (2001, 2005, 2010) and a hoody (which I didn't buy the other year cos it was £40 new) all for £20. Another stall was selling loads of RL books and got myself 3 Hull books. I tell you, it was like Christmas and birthday rolled into one!! ?

It got me wondering what other bargains people have found in the past??

I've never found anything at any car boot sale - which isn't that surprising given that I live on the south coast - but fifteen or so years ago I did find and buy an England 1995 world cup shirt - the John Smith's one - from a local charity shop. I can't remember exactly what I paid, but I think it was something like £5. I remember being quite surprised to find one in there.

I visited the local tip a few years back. I drove there in my car with trailer and had a Hull FC badge hanging in my car. One of the high viz clad operatives passed a derogatory comment to me regarding my badge, presumably him being of Hull KR persuasion.

A short time later and I noticed him thumbing through a pile of dvds that someone had chucked out. My parting shot as I left was...

"I wouldn't bother looking through that lot mate, dvds weren't invented the last time Rovers won anything."

It made me laugh anyway...

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived