22 Sept: League 1 Semi-Final: Newcastle Thunder v Workington Town KO 4pm

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Newcastle Thunder
    • Workington Town

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/19 at 15:00

5 hours ago, Scubby said:

I am not having a go at Town directly. The RFL have created a culture that clubs can field 13 or 14 players (never mind 17) without punishment. If it had been a 10k fine regardless then clubs would have players on the bench. Back in the day, clubs were punished heavily for not fielding full teams. Now no one seems to give a ####

The RFL created a precedent to cover the failings of clubs who shouldn't be anywhere near a so called semi professional league, now it is coming back to bite them on the ######. What did you expect of them forward thinking?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thunder have announced that next Sunday's preliminary final against Doncaster at Kingston Park will kick off at 12pm and will be a double header with the Falcons home season opener against Doncaster knights kicking off at 3pm.

A fantastic cross code opportunity with the confluence of both teams playing Doncaster teams which I'm sure will have some people cheering from the roof tops and others turning in their graves. 

45 minutes ago, NERugbyDad said:

Thunder have announced that next Sunday's preliminary final against Doncaster at Kingston Park will kick off at 12pm and will be a double header with the Falcons home season opener against Doncaster knights kicking off at 3pm.

A fantastic cross code opportunity with the confluence of both teams playing Doncaster teams which I'm sure will have some people cheering from the roof tops and others turning in their graves. 

Wiht the Thunder kicking off at 12 and Falcons 3pm, I assume the Falcons are the bigger club of the two.

Either way an interesting initiative.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

51 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Wiht the Thunder kicking off at 12 and Falcons 3pm, I assume the Falcons are the bigger club of the two.

You assume correctly,  the Falcons average attendance last season was around 7.5k compared to the thunders 1k.

6 hours ago, RayCee said:

Or ... maybe the Falcons game has been planned for some time and Thunder have to fit in around that so they had limited options for KO times?

7 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Where are we at with the League One play-off’s? They have gone under the radar because of the Toronto conspiracy theorists. Is it a Oldham v Newcastle Final? 

Only if Newcastle beat Doncaster next week

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived