Furness Raiders

750VFR

Understand there's a game on Wednesday with a 2 pm KO.

Can anyone confirm please, and is game at CP, if not where, travelling from Kendal.

Their Twitter feed doesn't seem to be active, so any idea where an out of towner can get updates on future games, RFL website is pretty basic, date, time, opposition?

David Taylor

@750VFR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first time at a Furness Raiders match. a 112-6 win :-0.  (at least I think it was - even the announcer lost count - it could have been more).

Well worth the £3 admission. even although the game was over as a contest after ten minutes.

You can only play what's in front of you, but the only thing big about Huddersfield Giants was their name - some of them looked like they were around 14  - and Furness Raiders forwards just ripped through them with impunity on virtually every drive. 

Surprised to not find any write up about it anywhere.

3 hours ago, Dave W said:

My first time at a Furness Raiders match. a 112-6 win :-0.  (at least I think it was - even the announcer lost count - it could have been more).

Well worth the £3 admission. even although the game was over as a contest after ten minutes.

You can only play what's in front of you, but the only thing big about Huddersfield Giants was their name - some of them looked like they were around 14  - and Furness Raiders forwards just ripped through them with impunity on virtually every drive. 

I went down as you can say you can only beat what's in front of you but we played with great structure and plenty of players backing up. MOTM for me was the full back he was outstanding 

5 hours ago, Dave W said:

There is a write up on the evening mail website mate.

There were several instances where the fullback could have passed to players who were free but held on to the ball to try and break through/score himself and it was frustrating his team mates especially the right wing who got virtually no ball all of the match.  Knowing when to pass will come with experience though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The semi-final is scheduled to be on Wednesday 25th March at Craven Park against Hopwood Hall (Rochdale) with a 6pm kick off.

However, both ourselves and Hopwood (and the RFL) are keeping a close eye on the Coronavirus outbreak.  At the moment the game is on but as we all know things can change very quickly.

BarrowRaiders-keithnutter-1.png

Archived