Congratulations Caitlin Beevers

Dunbar

... for being nominated for the BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year 2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/50467247

Although she didn't make final 3 it was still great to see a young Rugby League player recognised in this list

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/sports-personality/50506649

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Well done to her, but a shame she didn't get to the final three.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Well done to her, but a shame she didn't get to the final three.

I'm suspecting sinister voting patterns.

Congratulations to Caitlin. A fine ambassador for TGG.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Yes,huge congratulations to her.

Came across excellently when interviewed in front of a camera when at an airport returning from PNG after being informed of the accolade.

Her diary on the RFL site also indicates her personality.

I hope she remains in the sport and doesn't disappear like a touch judge did some years ago.

Some people may suggest that there may be a southern bias,and an American bias,in the 3 final nominations.I couldn't possibly comment...not about the BBC!  

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived