Jump to content
mountieman21

Sammut available

Recommended Posts

Hey up, old story....HOW MUCH???? Do we know unless we ask, that little word...ask!! Get out, put the club word around and talk to people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phildog said:

Hey up, old story....HOW MUCH???? Do we know unless we ask, that little word...ask!! Get out, put the club word around and talk to people.

Phil, how do you know the club didn't ask? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been my point all along Chris...we've always been frightened of doing so, whether it's because the board has been  frightened to do so for fear of being told no, or the response of fans and their 'How Much' philosophy. When Karl Harrison left what happened? Kev picked up a phone and rang John Kear, maybe he expected refusal but he rang....now the mould has been slightly cracked by getting Shaun Lunt in, it might be time to knock another lump out of it, what's the worst that can  happen? Craig was happy enough to tell us that he'd enquired about Sammut so shouldn't be shy about asking about anybody else. As I've said before I'd rather hear that Batley have been linked with so and so and been turned down than hear nothing at all, it shows we're Inn the market, even if we may be a bit fanciful at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but how do you know the club hasn't asked ? and im sure Matty Smith has gone to Widnes FT .  Just because it doesn't say in nosey parkers column that we have been linked with player X , Y and Z doesn't mean the club haven't asked those players

  • Like 5

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, my point, we DON'T known if we have or haven't....get us involved, let us know that they ARE  getting involved with the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phildog said:

Again, my point, we DON'T known if we have or haven't....get us involved, let us know that they ARE  getting involved with the process.

Why would any club let their fans know they’ve spoken to a players... it would help other clubs etc 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't feel the negotiations between the club and players should  be made public, it will only increase the demands from agents on any future deals, we're very lucky that Kev comes on these boards from time to time to update us, not many other chairmen are as open as ours. It's not that long ago we had to wait for the Batley News or a bit of gossip from someone in the know to find anything out. Social Media and forums have brought us much closer to the club. Anyway Just to keep you in the loop Phildog, I've made an approach to Meghan Markle, I told her she could have a lie in every Saturday whilst I get up early and get to Dewsbury Market to get her a warm pie and some polony  from Cross' the thrill of lying in bed with warm pie jelly dribbling down her chin didn't seal the deal. I have outstanding offers to Cat Deeley and Jenifer Aniston, I'll let you know when they turn me down too. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chris_T said:

I don't feel the negotiations between the club and players should  be made public, it will only increase the demands from agents on any future deals, we're very lucky that Kev comes on these boards from time to time to update us, not many other chairmen are as open as ours. It's not that long ago we had to wait for the Batley News or a bit of gossip from someone in the know to find anything out. Social Media and forums have brought us much closer to the club. Anyway Just to keep you in the loop Phildog, I've made an approach to Meghan Markle, I told her she could have a lie in every Saturday whilst I get up early and get to Dewsbury Market to get her a warm pie and some polony  from Cross' the thrill of lying in bed with warm pie jelly dribbling down her chin didn't seal the deal. I have outstanding offers to Cat Deeley and Jenifer Aniston, I'll let you know when they turn me down too. 

I hope that is not the extent of your ambition.Otherwise it could be a short lived fantasy.You need to persevere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Why would any club let their fans know they’ve spoken to a players... it would help other clubs etc 

 

 

I can find a wall to bang your head against if you wish.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gittinsfan said:

I hope that is not the extent of your ambition.Otherwise it could be a short lived fantasy.You need to persevere.

I've only dated Heavy Woollen girls before Gittinsfan, a cross's pie and a good pair of thighs have served me well,  going for out of towners  they might need more of a kerfuffle to get them in the mood, mantovani albums and lavalamps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Chris_T said:

I've only dated Heavy Woollen girls before Gittinsfan, a cross's pie and a good pair of thighs have served me well,  going for out of towners  they might need more of a kerfuffle to get them in the mood, mantovani albums and lavalamps. 

That's far too much sophistication for me,but good luck in your endeavours.At my time of life it's ovaltine and an early night.LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, doggystyle said:

I think Caroline Flack might be available...

giggity.........


"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...