Newcastle Thunder vs Workington Town

Callum Linford 98

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you see the video of the tackle( on thunder twitter feed with comments from their coach),  when Alex Young knocked on right on their line it looks like it should have been a penalty for being above the horizontal. On the flip side I was convinced Caine had scored but it looks an amazing tackle from Lewis Young which was probably the game changer. The line that Caine ran and the pass from Doran were top notch and augurs really well for the season.

Looking at clip of Caine,think he should have backed himself and gone for the line instead of trying to hand the defender off,or options to go straight with marwood and Dawson backing up down the middle. Better decision making and games like this would have been won,but must say Caine would play at a lot higher level if he did?

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

All tries from this game on You Tube for anyone who hasn`t seen them .

What an awful video! All very stylish but you miss the breaks on half the tries. Some poor defence on their first 3 tries which will make painful watching for some on the video analysis. But still the game breaker must have been the tackle on Caine, if he did stop him it was some tackle.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

14 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

But still the game breaker must have been the tackle on Caine, if he did stop him it was some tackle.

Think Caine should have just gone for the line instead of trying to fend him off which killed his momentum a bit.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived