Greatest players - your top three wingers

Wakefield Ram

15 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Some bloke called Sullivan wasn't there?

Shouldn't he be in with the scrappers ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Sorry BSJ, if it’s Mick to whom you refer, he was born in Pudsey, but I’ll give you it as he played his amateur stuff locally. 

I stand corrected. No doubt you remember him turning out for Dewsbury?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Seem to recollect him playing at loose forward for us

I have a vague memory of him being filmed preparing for the cup match against Saints (would it have been the umbrella lady match ?), and him winding yards and yards of bandage around his forearm. I assume he wasn't protecting a minor injury.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2020 at 14:00, NickD said:

Reading this thread we’re had some damn good wingers.  
The thing with Eddie and Dennis for me was not just that they were  good wingers but they were entertaining and there was always a buzz  of anticipation when they got the ball.  We’ve had many solid wingers like Dale but you never quite got that quickening of the pulse when he got the ball.   Worrincy was similar to Eddie and  Dennis in that respect but don’t think we’d be describing him as “solid” 

with Eddie and Dennis you can add in the interaction with the crowd too.  Both Of them were quick to wave or flash a smile  and who can forget “Eddie, Eddie, Eddie”.  What a song that was??

In order for WR

1. Eddie Rombo

2. Dennis Bailey

3: Adrian Flynn

46 minutes ago, NickD said:

In order for WR

1. Eddie Rombo

2. Dennis Bailey

3: Adrian Flynn

Surprised nobody has mentioned Don Gregoire - decent winger when we were a pretty poor side.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived