Rugby League Back Chat: Brett Kenny Special

With the continuation of the Coronavirus and the absence of any match action to discuss, Back Chat brings you the first of 2 documentaries featuring two of the game’s legends.

Australian Brett Kenny and his UK counterpart Garry Schofield discuss careers that not only saw them exchange hemispheres but also pick up the prestigious Golden Boot Award on their long and extraordinary playing paths.

First up is Brett Kenny who recalls his UK initiation was a very painful experience due to rather large elbow meeting the back of his head.

Watch the show below:

Total Rugby League
www.totalrl.com

Excellent Showcase.

Brett Kenny IMO was one of the greatest players to play our game in any generation.

I was at Cumberland Oval when he was awarded Parramatta’s Rookie of the year award as a youngster.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

5 minutes ago, Allora said:

Excellent interview.

Brett Kenny IMO was one of the greatest players to play our game in any generation.

I was at Cumberland Oval when he was awarded Parramatta’s Rookie of the year award as a young kid.

Absolutely.  We can talk about who the best players are and in what positions but if you want pure entertainment then Kenny is right at the top of the list.  Probably the most natural talent I have ever seen in a player and a great character too.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Absolutely.  We can talk about who the best players are and in what positions but if you want pure entertainment then Kenny is right at the top of the list.  Probably the most natural talent I have ever seen in a player and a great character too.

His Father was a representative  Baseball player and Bert played as a youngster, I have a mate that played against him and he said he had never seen a player as fast as him in Baseball.

He scored  two tries in three grand Finals and had two disallowed in the fourth grand Final.

I may be biased but both looked ok in the Fourth GF IMO

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

18 minutes ago, Allora said:

His Father was a representative  Baseball player and Bert played as a youngster, I have a mate that played against him and he said he had never seen a player as fast as him in Baseball.

He scored  two tries in three grand Finals and had two disallowed in the fourth grand Final.

I may be biased but both looked ok in the Fourth GF IMO

One of the all time greats IMHO.

Great is overused too.

Happy Easter 2020 everyone ‼️?

28 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I don’t think there has been a player who regularly made the game appear so easy.

Had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago and what a great character.

Not only great players but excellent interviews as well, just listening to them talk is fascinating. Brett Kenny, one of the true natural talents in the game yet so down to earth and modest; Gary Schofield maybe less so on both counts but very frank about how the game was then. From the latter I suspect that there was more to learn about the players he didn't mention much rather than those that he did.

Great entertainment when there is no live RL to be seen. I look forward to seeing what TotalRL fill the spot with next week.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived