NRL Match Thread Round 16

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pat Butcher in for the Roosters, right under the posts. Conversion will take them to 40 points.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tupou takes the Chooks to their half-century.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Try for Borris, after he and his brother had harried the Broncos attack backwards by about 30 metres. Relentless.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Getting rid of their coach did wonders for the Broncos didn't it! They are really completely off the pace at present. I have never been a fan of Darious Boyd but he really is one of the worst cases of a player who's gone on too long I have seen for a long time, he shouldn't be  anywhere near being selected at this level, at the opposite end of the scale I've seen folk suggesting Herbie Farnworth for the England squad as if we haven't got enough wingers who can't understand defensive play as it is, seeing him in a Bronco's shirt brings back memories of Greg Eden😂

Same old same old so not much to say . One thing I will say , JWH continues to live down to his reputation as a total grub . It was disgusting to see him holding in a defender to con a penalty and even sadder to hear Ennis praising him for milking it . It’s cheating and it must be called out . Ricky Stuart said cheating is rife and he’s right . JWH went on to basically try and ref the game for Mr Set Restart in between his usual antics . 

Well done to the Titans and Justin Holbrook.

They are now on 10 points with the 9th placed team on 12 and their next two games are the Bulldogs and the Broncos and so you have to give them a real chance to pick up 4 more there.  Then they finish with the Sea Eagles and the Knights.

Not impossible to see the Titans on 16 points come the end of the regular season and a decent mid table finish which would be a great result in his first year after taking over the wooden spooners from 2019.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Well done to the Titans and Justin Holbrook.

They are now on 10 points with the 9th placed team on 12 and their next two games are the Bulldogs and the Broncos and so you have to give them a real chance to pick up 4 more there.  Then they finish with the Sea Eagles and the Knights.

Not impossible to see the Titans on 16 points come the end of the regular season and a decent mid table finish which would be a great result in his first year after taking over the wooden spooners from 2019.

That was a poor game and a depressing one for the Dragons . Their attack was so blunt , predictable and ponderous  . They had endless opportunities but threw virtually nothing at the Titans . Guys there really have nowhere to hide now the coach has changed . It was bad . The Titans tackled what came at them and hung in really well for each other , then grew in confidence and nicked it late on . Holbrook has certainly instilled commitment and discipline , and next year is looking to add the quality on top . I expect much improvement from them 

Plenty of people on these boards have said the Titans have the worst roster this year and Holbrook has got them competetive. As you say David, with the quality coming in for 2021 then he could march them up the table.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Plenty of people on these boards have said the Titans have the worst roster this year and Holbrook has got them competetive. As you say David, with the quality coming in for 2021 then he could march them up the table.

Holbrook's already got some muscle coming in with the likes of Ese'ese and Fifita. Now we have to see if he can attract a playmaker or two. But the contract extension suggests that the club are prepared to back him and his plans.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Holbrook's already got some muscle coming in with the likes of Ese'ese and Fifita. Now we have to see if he can attract a playmaker or two. But the contract extension suggests that the club are prepared to back him and his plans.

And Tino Fa'asuamaleaui who is another quality back rower. The Titans will be strong on the edge in 2021, that's for sure.

Morning all! I listened to the first game today on ABC, and the Warriors gave the Knights a proper 36:6 spanking!

TV on for the rest of today's action. Sharks v Cowboys up next. Valentine Holmes is back from injury, but JT is out. No Shaun Johnson for Cronulla.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived