Match Thread: Championship Round 12, Featherstone Rovers v London Saturday-3rd-July-2021

marklaspalmas

Two huge wins in our last two games and 25 tries scored.

Although they've been a bit hit-and-miss I expect a strong challenge from London.

Great to see Harrison back after a 9 match absence. He slotted back in as Lussick left.

Hopefully Dagger can stay until Chizz & Minns are fit, and Whiteley can continue to deputise for Blackmore.

Injury List

From the 9 first team players who didn't play against Newcastle, we had:

1 suspended: Blackmore.

1 Rested: Kopczak.

7 injured:

Back soon?: 

Minns (ankle), rested after playing with this injury for a while (Missed 2 match so far). Named in squad last week.

Bussey (ankle). Reported to be a couple of weeks away (Missed 5 matches so far). Named in squad last week.

Chisholm (foot). Reported to be a couple of weeks away (Missed 4 matches so far)

Back later?:

Ferres (leg). Reported to be 3/4 weeks away (Missed 8 matches so far)

Ferguson (hamstring). Conflicting reports of his fitness (Missed 13 matches so far)

Welham (first covid, then hamstring??). No report of his fitness (Missed 8 matches so far)

Day (achilles). Reported to be out for the rest of the season.

Stat of the day: We have used 30 players so far this year. 25 of them have scored a try. Gaz Gale has scored 18!

Only one player has played more than 2 matches and not scored a try. Who is it?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HERE we go again after losing 33-8 to the bulls London have won four on the bounce against 7th 8th 12th and 14th so have now become one of the  in form teams in the championship so FEV will be up against it again this week I watched highlights of their game against swinton I could tell you what I think but will leave it to a bronco's fan

crashmon  London was shockingly bad today. How with 10 mins to go game was still in balance I will never know. London will lose by record score next week. Expect 80+ by Fev, and I would not be surprised if we get nilled as well.🤣

For once i will come out early with my prediction.Even though i don't know our line up i trust the players to perform as they have done the last few weeks.I expect a bit closer game than we have had recently so Rovers 36  London 12.We dropped lucky with the Euros 8 pm kick of for England is much better than the 5 pm would have been.

22 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

For once i will come out early with my prediction.Even though i don't know our line up i trust the players to perform as they have done the last few weeks.I expect a bit closer game than we have had recently so Rovers 36  London 12.We dropped lucky with the Euros 8 pm kick of for England is much better than the 5 pm would have been.

S that's  because Siuthgate asked Mark 

"What time do FEV kick off Saturday"🤣🤣🤣

40 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Watch fev. Listen to first half of footy on t'radio driving home. 2nd afe.... feet up.... beer.

Me too i live far side of Sheffield whichever way i go i can't do it quicker than 38 min.It gives the car a blow out as i have not been able to go Racing with the Pandemic.Bottle of wine for me if we win by more than 20 less than that it's water.

The 21 man squad should be announced today. I'm expecting more or less the same 21 provided Jagger & Whiteley are still with us, and hopefully Koppy back after his rest.

Saturday's 17 will be more interesting. If they want to make Wembley, it's probably time for Bussey and Minns to be coming back.

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If the RFL match Centre is correct Chissy, Fergie and Ferres are all back in the squad this weekend.

Usual advisory that being in the squad doesn't necessarily mean they will play.

Oh Lordy! Two weeks to wembley and it's a full house..... 😄 😄

9 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If the RFL match Centre is correct Chissy, Fergie and Ferres are all back in the squad this weekend.

Usual advisory that being in the squad doesn't necessarily mean they will play.

PH as usual ownly  19 named  so 2 more waiting to get the nod

Kris W  anybody ?  🤣

11 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

No, it will be Moors and Parata.

I thought that too MLP but wanted to let Kris know we've not forgotten about him 😀

What makes me laugh about rfl squad list is the rationale they use and more so this week no Junior or Dean who have been regular contributors to the cause but injured Brett 8 matches and Dale 13 matches are included

The RFL you couldn't make it up if you tried🤣

26 minutes ago, POR said:

I thought that too MLP but wanted to let Kris know we've not forgotten about him 😀

What makes me laugh about rfl squad list is the rationale they use and more so this week no Junior or Dean who have been regular contributors to the cause but injured Brett 8 matches and Dale 13 matches are included

The RFL you couldn't make it up if you tried🤣

You're overthinking this, they simply haven't got round to changing from their old 19-man squads to the current 21-man squads so their system has defaulted to publishing the first 19 in alphabetical order.

8 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

You're overthinking this, they simply haven't got round to changing from their old 19-man squads to the current 21-man squads so their system has defaulted to  

Not really PH I know it's still 19 but if they default to publish the first 19 in alphabetical order.Why hasn't the current 19 been our listed squad every week because I'm sure in past weeks there's been no Brett or Dale

3 minutes ago, POR said:

Not really PH I know it's still 19 but if they default to publish the first 19 in alphabetical order.Why hasn't the current 19 been our listed squad every week because I'm sure in past weeks there's been no Brett or Dale

Not sure I fully understand your point here but they have been publishing either the first 19 or on some occasions just the first 17 in alphabetical order for weeks.

12 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not sure I fully understand your point here but they have been publishing either the first 19 or on some occasions just the first 17 in alphabetical order for weeks.

MY point  PH is it's obvious that players are in alphabetical order but what is their criteria for who they pick or leave out each week for their alphabetical list

Last week no BRETT or DALE this week they're in

Last week James  in this week he's out

Archived