NRL Match Thread Round 18 2021

12 minutes ago, Graham said:

Will Storm make 50 I hear you ask?

Not quite, but they are so impressive to watch.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Graham said:

Brandy reckons it’s not so much that Storm it’s the opposition that is poor?

A little from column A, a little from column B. And they have done this sort of demolition on a lot of sides, not just Newcastle.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Irrespective of the opposition I could watch Nico Hynes on that form every day of the week, it's the amount of time and ease he has that puts him along side a handful of players I have seen amongst backs over the last 50 odd years. I'm not saying he's better than Millward, Hanley, Johns, Stirling, Lewis and such but he makes you remember just how good to watch the game can be.

Today Melbourne broke the Roosters’ 1935 record for most points scored after 17 games in the one year.

That Roosters side amassed 614 points, while the Storm have now scored 632 points in 17 rounds of this season.

They are officially the best attacking team – statistically speaking – in the history of the competition.

Melbourne has now surpassed 40 points scored in 11 games this season.

Warriors: 1. Reece Walsh 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Rocco Berry 20. Euan Aitken 4. Marcelo Montoya 5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 21. Chad Townsend 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Matt Lodge 22. Tohu Harris 12. Bayley Sironen 13. Jazz Tevaga

6. Kodi Nikorima 11. Eliesa Katoa 14. Josh Curran 15. Leeson Ah Mau

18th man: 17. Kane Evans

Panthers: 1. Dylan Edwards 2. Charlie Staines 3. Stephen Crichton 4. Brent Naden 5. Brian To’o 6. Matt Burton 7. Tyrone May 8. Moses Leota 14. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Isaah Yeo

9. Apisai Koroisau 15. Scott Sorensen 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Liam Martin

18th man: 18. Izack Tago

55mni: Staines try in the corner. That came after a long kick return by Edwards and Burton 2 tackles earlier.

Crichton missed the goal

Panthers 20 - 10

Archived