Sun 29 Aug: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

God Widnes just when you thought they had turned a corner.  End of season cannot come Quick enough for them. They have 3 winnable games though. 

Would rather play London than Haven or Batley in playoffs atm. Some great end of season fixtures right now for the playoffs.  

I have seen my Club get many hammerings at Widnes, especially pre SL when they had a great side. There is no pleasure in seeing their current struggles, hopefully things will improve for them in the future.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I were not surprised that Haven got the win more just the manner of it. I said last week how bad Fax were, completing 1 set of 6 in the whole 2nd half, and it was more an indication of that rather than been impressed with Widnes. Im not sure the quality is about and available to enable Widnes to put themselves in the playoff picture next season. They may need a number of years to get fully stable at this level before they can think about getting near to challanging at the top.

On 29/08/2021 at 20:21, crashmon said:

how do they calculate the win %

So if London win 1 / lose 2 of the last 3, thats W11 L8 D1  :- 55%

Haven win 3 thats W12 L9 D1 :- 54.5%

That gives London the spot by 0.5%

It's overall points not wins. Otherwise you would have to discount the drawn matches, it also then includes the 2point deductions for London and Featherstone. I built a spreadsheet to run through the various end of season scenarios...(yes, I really am that much of a geek)

On 01/09/2021 at 08:07, kiggy said:

It's overall points not wins. Otherwise you would have to discount the drawn matches, it also then includes the 2point deductions for London and Featherstone. I built a spreadsheet to run through the various end of season scenarios...(yes, I really am that much of a geek)

Agree. On the basis of the above, London's percentage would be 52.5%. Being 10.5/20.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

On 01/09/2021 at 08:07, kiggy said:

I hope it had Featherstone finishing top! 😃

On 30/08/2021 at 10:24, ShropshireBull said:

I think they should have enough to put themselves in the playoff mix but it all depends on what crowds come in next year. 

Didn’t know crowds won the games.. 

if they did Batley would be nowhere near the top 6 

good job really 🤣😉

Archived