Jump to content

Discipline, discipline...


glemiln
 Share

Recommended Posts

A 36-10 loss and surprisingly not more in second half.  Lost count on Twitter of the penalties we gave away, plus a red and yellow card and possibly a team warning to boot!  Similar to last week.  It should be interesting at the disciplinary hearings.

We have one option remaining for the chance of the play-offs- win the last two games - well, two; improve discipline.   It's extremely unlikely Hunslet will lose all of their three games.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I have to say your discipline was pretty poor yesterday... tbh I think you got off lightly and should have had another red card for sliding into a player on the deck knees first (and it was such an easy one to have avoided that it could only be seen as deliberate). Yes, we should have put a few more on in the second half, but more importantly we kept control of the game and our goal-line defence was great. Still think you'll be in the mix come playoff time though.... we don't mind playing you again 😉 

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor and  Amateur  performance from Hornets. With the talent in that squad they should be doing better. But a professional game from Crusaders. Great stadium and a nice welcome in the Welsh sunshine !

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FearNothing said:

I have to say your discipline was pretty poor yesterday... tbh I think you got off lightly and should have had another red card for sliding into a player on the deck knees first (and it was such an easy one to have avoided that it could only be seen as deliberate). Yes, we should have put a few more on in the second half, but more importantly we kept control of the game and our goal-line defence was great. Still think you'll be in the mix come playoff time though.... we don't mind playing you again 😉 

We probably deserve to be patronised 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Courtesy of the Crusaders’ YouTube site.  We shall have to improve a lot to win the remaining games v Barrow and Coventry who came within a whisker of beating Hunslet away today.  The “highlight” of yesterday was towards the end after our fullback dropped the up and under.  After the play the ball, Crusaders ‘walked’ in a try without any defenders involved. The reaction by our captain spoke volumes!
https://youtu.be/YW7R3TwCQRI

Anyone know why Rangi Chase was yellow carded at the final hooter; it’s not evident on the video, nor on the Twitter feed?

For the faithful, the club and sponsors we must finish this forgettable season on a high - Onwards…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, glemiln said:

Courtesy of the Crusaders’ YouTube site.  We shall have to improve a lot to win the remaining games v Barrow and Coventry who came within a whisker of beating Hunslet away today.  The “highlight” of yesterday was towards the end after our fullback dropped the up and under.  After the play the ball, Crusaders ‘walked’ in a try without any defenders involved. The reaction by our captain spoke volumes!
https://youtu.be/YW7R3TwCQRI

Anyone know why Rangi Chase was yellow carded at the final hooter; it’s not evident on the video, nor on the Twitter feed?

For the faithful, the club and sponsors we must finish this forgettable season on a high - Onwards…

Rangi got his yellow for going in with a swinging fist & forearm, and he was third (I think, could have been second) in to the tackle...it was dangerous and worthy of the card tbf. Personally I'd give a yellow to anyone doing that..

 

edit:- I've just gone and checked, it was on the ref's side of the tackle, so behind the bodies as the camera's looking at it and he was third in..

Edited by FearNothing

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I would like to know is how come the Hornets player, quite rightly, got sent off for a high tackle in the first half yet in the second half he penalised one of the Crusaders for exactly the same thing but didn't send him off. Pathetic refereeing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have only beaten London Sk and W.Wales home and away so if we finish third to bottom we can’t complain. But the squad is on paper far better than that. We have suffered more than most with injuries but our discipline must be the worst in the division and that is self inflicted. But in this strange season it would just be like Hornets to win their last two games and make the playoffs. I think all games would be away and that is a enormous task but good luck to the lads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wasn't at the match but wonder if our deserved reputation for poor discipline is clouding the judgement of some referees. Shaun Robinson's sending off may have had a bearing on the result at Crusaders. The disciplinary panel decided no charge. Similarly Rangi Chase yellow card at the end of the match also resulted in no charge.

 Case Number:

ON/1125/21

Shaun Robinson #32, Rochdale

Competition:

League 1

Match:

North Wales v Rochdale

Match Date:

2021-08-29

Incident:

High tackle in the 21st minute

Decision:

No charge

Charge Detail:

Opponents height drops significantly prior to contact. The player does not rotate his shoulder. The player has bent his knees and has made reasonable adaptions and does not have time to prepare for the sudden drop by the opponent?s head who looks to duck under contact.

Rangi Chase

Incident:

High tackle in the 78th minute

Decision:

No charge

Charge Detail:

Player is reaching for contact after being obstructed by opponents team mate and fleetingly makes contact with the head/shoulder area with an open hand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/08/2021 at 07:12, DaveButt said:

What I would like to know is how come the Hornets player, quite rightly, got sent off for a high tackle in the first half yet in the second half he penalised one of the Crusaders for exactly the same thing but didn't send him off. Pathetic refereeing. 

Quite wrongly. Found no case to answer. So cr@ p  refereeing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...