Challenge Cup 2022

POR

14 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Virtually the entire Ipswich squad of the time, no less. Albeit a few turned out for the Nazis, which @Eddieprobably approves of. 

Yes think they had just won the UEFA Cup or finish 2nd in the league so they were a very good team.

Loved John Wark, great midfielder the film is worth watching just to see his line in his thick Scottish accent.... as well as teaching Pele a few skills. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yes think they had just won the UEFA Cup or finish 2nd in the league so they were a very good team.

Loved John Wark, great midfielder the film is worth watching just to see his line in his thick Scottish accent.... as well as teaching Pele a few skills. 

The movie is so bad its brill LOL:) Stallone in goal is hilarious:)

Only good thing about the Nazis was their uniforms (According to my wife:) Anyone for Hugo Boss?

On 16/11/2021 at 16:20, bowes said:

Apparently before BARLA formed in the 1970s they had regional qualifying rounds to reduce the number of amateur clubs to two. I don't know any more details than that, I just remember being told it by one of the older posters on here once.

Yes there were 30 semi pro teams in one league ...that left two places for amateur clubs ..so about 8 rounds to get into the two....regions so all junior clubs entered ...played in it many times ,never got to last two

• Like 1

On 18/11/2021 at 08:51, RP London said:

DOH!

Edited by JohnM

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
 Friedrich Nietzsche