Barla Yorkshire Cup Finals.

tms

47 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Excuse my ignorance @POR, but why are these games being played at the start of this season rather than the end of last? Thanks

barla didn't start comps until october so finals always pencilled in for JAN

It's an exciting game for our young team and I know Toll Bar will come to cause an upset. Even though we've been a 'summer' side for the past 10 years now, the BARLA cup comps are a great way to bleed young players and give opportunities to lads who maybe don't make the first team as often as they'd like. Would be great to see all the NCL teams entering a side next year - not least of all because it keeps the RL fix ticking over the winter months and puts a few extra quid in the club coffers. 

I still think it's a travesty how the barla comps are treated, the barla national cup at openage level has very few participants again, and the Yorkshire cup, Lancashire cup and Cumbria cup were also prestigious cups to win. Not any more, compared to how they were. 

Archived