It's that time of year again......

Blind side johnny

13 hours ago, coolie said:

It's for Leigh to lose... But I just don't see it, Batley have done remarkably well this season but success comes at a price, and Batley would not want the financial burden of going to super league, the rewards are not as lucrative as they used to be, going up could cause damage that it would take years to bring stability back.. A price I don't think Kevin would take, bloke is Batley thru and thru but wouldn't put them in peril for 1 season of super league, Dezzy seems to have money to burn, and new kids on the block Keighley are trying to match him... Again a folly that will end in tears.. Again, there's not enough money in rugby league to make big profits.. Making a profit is hard enough, Can't see Campbell been over joyed next season to pitch in loadsamoney to come second again 🤔

I agree with your comments on Batley. Next season could be Fev's big chance, but will hinge on TOXIII level of investment. I don't see the Cougars being anything but mid table next season.

• Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• 3 weeks later...

On 24/09/2022 at 11:00, Piggy's mate said:

I agree with your comments on Batley. Next season could be Fev's big chance, but will hinge on TOXIII level of investment. I don't see the Cougars being anything but mid table next season.

I think Keighley will probably finish either 5th or 6th so like you say mid table, there's plenty of time yet to sign a few more players though so it could be higher.

18 minutes ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

I think Keighley will probably finish either 5th or 6th so like you say mid table, there's plenty of time yet to sign a few more players though so it could be higher.

So who will that push out?? 

Barrow

Batley

York 

My money would be on the Dogs🤔

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Barrow

Batley

York 

With many clubs recruitment is only half way through. Until we have a real idea of line-ups only guesswork features.

Now, who would care to predict the outcomes for C1 for next season?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, coolie said:

Barrow

Batley

York 

The lower you predict we'll finish, the higher we actually do! 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

It’s all very well signing top rated players; it’s another go get them to gel as a cohesive unit as Wigan (1979-80) and Manchester United (1973-74) found out when they were relegated, but both clubs had good players. 

Featherstone had good players and a fairly good team season just ended, but spending money on such players failed to get the club promoted. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

13 hours ago, coolie said:

Slow out of the blocks this season Batley... Their signings will be interesting when there's nowt left 🤣

We've got Keegan back, what more do we need...

• Haha 1