Jump to content

Funding at Feathsertone - self sustainable club punching above their weight


Recommended Posts


9 minutes ago, POR said:

NO Sir K I was just letting you know THE 180 k THAT you thought was FEV'S central funding was actually  a reduction  but i think the GC mentioned 800k for FEV tuther year so minus 180 is 620k  but I know and I don't really care club says were sustainable and still have money in the bank

 

9 minutes ago, POR said:

NO Sir K I was just letting you know THE 180 k THAT you thought was FEV'S central funding was actually  a reduction  but i think the GC mentioned 800k for FEV tuther year so minus 180 is 620k  but I know and I don't really care club says were sustainable and still have money in the bank

Think Fev get £176k Total - new TV deal dont forget otherwise Leigh would have got £1.3m not £580k

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The problem Leigh will find is they’re going to have to release a load of their overseas players if they are promoted to Super League, as they will have too many. Why on earth the Championship does not have the same overseas player quota as Super League is beyond me.

I honestly had no idea the quote rules had been removed in the Championship. I were under the impression that it were still 1 like it had been a few years back and presumed players coming over here were on alternative passports or loop holes. I know what you are saying about Leigh having to release players but in my opinion they are not in a position to stay in SL if they did get promoted, its very much a rush job this year and would be the same as preperation for SL so they would stand very little chance. Fev on the other hand seem a lot more prepared and would be able to keep a lot of their squad together and they remind me very much of when Hull KR were in the championship and built over a couple of seasons so they were in a position to try and avoid relegation.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

 

Think Fev get £176k Total - new TV deal dont forget otherwise Leigh would have got £1.3m not £580k

 

1 hour ago, POR said:

NO Sir K I was just letting you know THE 180 k THAT you thought was FEV'S central funding was actually  a reduction  but i think the GC mentioned 800k for FEV tuther year so minus 180 is 620k  but I know and I don't really care club says were sustainable and still have money in the bank

Thanks for pointing out that I am correct sweaty craiq 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Visiting Fev last night you could see how they are moving with developing the site , but it is currently a bit messy 😉

I was there for the NCL final last year & yes there are a few rough edges but the redevelopment looks really good & hopefully some of that £2m council grant will be used for that purpose.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Davo5 said:

I was there for the NCL final last year & yes there are a few rough edges but the redevelopment looks really good & hopefully some of that £2m council grant will be used for that purpose.

I meant ' behind ' the scenes 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...