Roughyeds v Keighley

shrewsbury roughyed

I am normally a positive person. But getting a bit down over the team now. I have tried to overlook the cup disaster.But it did happen. Then we get beaten, easily in League one. So 2 games that mean something end up as they did. Questions have to be asked. What do I mean by that ?. Not sure myself yet, Coach ?. Maybe. Already. I love Oldham RL. I try to be patient. Would accept a handful of easy defeats in the Championship. Not League 1. Top spot is gone. Let's see how far up we can get.

Oh. 2 players were anything like yesterday. Rest. My Grand daughter might as well played.

Fuming tbh.

My aspirations for the season seem to be very different to some on this forum. When you look at our recruitment and the squads of Swinton, Keighley & Doncaster, I think that we’ll be battling for the lower play off spots with NWC, Rochdale, Hunslet  etc.

The players we retained weren’t cherry picked by Championship clubs / Swinton, Ridyard joined because of his relationship with Littler & close to home, amateurs looking for an opportunity (Restall looks good) & players potentially not being offered contracts by their existing clubs - did we outbid for many players I’m not sure.

Did they announce the crowd yesterday, it looked quite good bearing in mind Mother’s Day & being free on Our League - not the 1000 average the club are aiming for but better than I expected.

1 hour ago, LittleboroRoughyed said:

My aspirations for the season seem to be very different to some on this forum. When you look at our recruitment and the squads of Swinton, Keighley & Doncaster, I think that we’ll be battling for the lower play off spots with NWC, Rochdale, Hunslet  etc.

The players we retained weren’t cherry picked by Championship clubs / Swinton, Ridyard joined because of his relationship with Littler & close to home, amateurs looking for an opportunity (Restall looks good) & players potentially not being offered contracts by their existing clubs - did we outbid for many players I’m not sure.

Did they announce the crowd yesterday, it looked quite good bearing in mind Mother’s Day & being free on Our League - not the 1000 average the club are aiming for but better than I expected.

815. League express

54 minutes ago, LittleboroRoughyed said:

Need to make sure that they keep coming back 

It may seem an obvious question but, with a performance like this and also against the amateurs of Lock Lane, WHY would people keep coming back ??

Stats-

Restall-7 tackles. one miss. one offload. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 20 carries=86m

Brierley-6 tackles. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 11 carries=74m

Cooke-21 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 9 carries=53m

Hartley-26 tackles. 3 misses. 7 carries=43m

Holcroft-10 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 12 carries=42m

Ridyard-11 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 14 carries=75m

Hewitt-16 tackles. one miss. 4 carries=15m

Nelmes-21 tackles. 3 misses. 8 carries=38m

Jinks-27 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. 4 carries=28m

Newton-20 tackles. one miss. 4 carries=25m

Thornton-35 tackles. 4 misses. one offload. one tackle bust. one try assist. 12 carries=65m

Ferry-29 tackles. 4 misses. 2 tackle busts. 4 carries=20m

Whittel-30 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. 9 carries=58m

subs

Spencer-26 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 16 carries=63m

Andrade-31 tackles. one miss. 5 offloads. one tackle bust. 14 carries=97m 

Coventry-26 tackles. one miss. 5 carries=38m

Wright-17 tackles. 4 misses. 4 carries=31m

LR: your question concerning Sunday's attendance added further to my suspicions that quite a few fans on here don't

regularly check the website for club info etc. Questions are often asked when the answers are already given on the web and that was the case here. LR posted at 17.37 and asked if the club had given out an attendance. A relevant story, with the figure LR was after,  appeared on the website in mid-morning. It is headed 'Chris lauds fans . . . etc' and it goes on to say that the attendance was very encouraging and indeed bigger than several Championship games at Bower Fold last year. The club thanked all concerned.

From one LR to another, I can recommend the web. There's loads of info on it and its well worth a regular check,

la

Archived