Todays Game

Big Doug

A great result. Just sorry that i was unable to attend the match. 

On another point, yet again the RFL keep pushing this geographical expansion of Rugby League. Cornwall after two matches have had 122 points stuffed up them and West Wales have had 234 points stuffed up them after three matches (Oldham scoring 100 today). Add to that London Skolars have had 54 points against them in one match. The RFL will never learn. They have absolutely no interest in League 1 clubs. Which is plain to see in respect of the funding issue.

You have got to feel sorry for the guys turning out for those three clubs who know that they are cannon fodder every week.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

An excellent result with 9 tries against one of the expected sides for the play-offs.  Sets it up nicely for the visit of the neighbours after their romp with WWales.  A disappointing 400+ spectators though, which hopefully will be at least be well over 1000 with a fully derby  atmosphere.  It will be an interesting top 6 battle.

46 minutes ago, glemiln said:

An excellent result with 9 tries against one of the expected sides for the play-offs.  Sets it up nicely for the visit of the neighbours after their romp with WWales.  A disappointing 400+ spectators though, which hopefully will be at least be well over 1000 with a fully derby  atmosphere.  It will be an interesting top 6 battle.

If there's well over a thousand I'll be very surprised. 

14 hours ago, Brummie Hornet said:

I believe it’s something to do with the football club rather than a decision by Hornets. However, I do think it would be better if someone could provide more reasons and possibly what is needed to fix it.

The silence is deafening on this subject. The situation that prevails needs to be addressed and the fans made aware of the reasons. If it is the result of a decision by Hornets as a cost saving exercise, tell us. If its the result of action by the Football Club we equally need to be informed.  

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

2 hours ago, Big Doug said:

The silence is deafening on this subject.

🤫 Certainly is, especially as Hornets are believed to be up to date with their rent payments and meeting with operating rules under their lease agreement with Dale.   The loyal fans deserve clarity and especially before the next home game in 3 weeks time.  As it happens, our next potential derby game attendance is Swinton 30/7, but in between home games that do not normally attract big crowds.  The play-offs would be another situation!

Meanwhile, the focus is Friday’s game and another Hornets win.

On 13/04/2022 at 15:50, glemiln said:

🤫 Certainly is, especially as Hornets are believed to be up to date with their rent payments and meeting with operating rules under their lease agreement with Dale.   The loyal fans deserve clarity and especially before the next home game in 3 weeks time.  As it happens, our next potential derby game attendance is Swinton 30/7, but in between home games that do not normally attract big crowds.  The play-offs would be another situation!

Meanwhile, the focus is Friday’s game and another Hornets win.

The Chairman stated on BBC Rugby League Extra last night (Sunday) that the club can’t / won’t comment on the situation as they are taking advise (presumably legal).

I’m sure it will get resolved soon and the focus should remain on all the positives going on right now around Rochdale Hornets. 

Some have short memories and forget what state the club was in and was heading at the end of 2019 until this ownership and board took a chance on us.

Archived