The long drawn out saga of leeds new head coach

1 minute ago, Mumby Magic said:

Stuart Pyke reeled some names off. One was Rohan Smith, Brian's lad. He coached at the bulls and think left after another financial meltdown at the bulls, with us employing Lowe's I think.

He brought Keiron Moss, Chisholm and Keyes to us amongst others. I'd have him back at Bradford.

I've seen Rohan mentioned today too. Matt Shaw said he was informed Rohan was going to Leeds mere minutes before his Uncle announced he himself would be leaving KR at the end of the season.

Interesting appointment, bit left field but hopefully works out.

Of course there is a related discount for the Home Shirt with Oxen in the email announcing his arrival too 😅

This won't go down well with a lot of Rhinos fans. However a lot if not most of the successful SL coaches come from similar coaching backgrounds, and fans wanting a superstar big name coach probably forget that his uncle wasn't one of them and won us our first SL grand Final.

Will be very interesting to see how he goes

• Like 1

Willing to give him a chance. When we went with a supposed big name last time it ended badly. Smith and Mcdermott were not greatly lauded at the time they were appointed - albeit with a bit more top flight head coach experience - and did well. Let's hope Hetherington's coach-finding antennae still function effectively.

• Like 1