Being honest I think most teams are in the same boat. Our club has not had the same team out for two week running all season. Speaking to all the other clubs we have played they all seem to be in similar positions. We have had to forfeit some second team fixtures to get a team out in the NCL. I know of other clubs who have folded their second teams this season due to player availability. 

12 hours ago, chisholm said:

Being honest I think most teams are in the same boat. Our club has not had the same team out for two week running all season. Speaking to all the other clubs we have played they all seem to be in similar positions. We have had to forfeit some second team fixtures to get a team out in the NCL. I know of other clubs who have folded their second teams this season due to player availability. 

I think it used to be requirement of NCL membership that clubs had a 2nd team. Is that not still the case?

On 19/05/2022 at 09:47, Barley Mow said:

I think it used to be requirement of NCL membership that clubs had a 2nd team. Is that not still the case?

It was definitely a requirement but I think that a few years they relaxed it and allowed Under 18s to count. 

The 2nds didn’t/ don’t have to play every week although what the trigger is for the number of missing matches will no doubt be hidden away in the rules 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our team haven't had  settled team for a bit now, with a couple of injuries plus stag parties and weddings to contend with, but that seems to be the norm at this time of the season for everyone.   

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend we could only manage 13 players and we lost one of those in the first set with an ankle injury, this was the first weekend since we turned to summer we couldn't put 20 players on the team sheet, apart from 3 working and 1 at a wedding the rest of the faithful regular squad are injured or sick. 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/