Aside from Australia, New Zealand, England, France and the Pacific Islands where is the next place where we might see talent make the Super League or NRL? 

With debuts in World Cup Jamaica and Greece may inspire others to play the game. 

African nations like Ghana and Nigeria and Caribbean nations seem to have great potential for outside backs where it's more easier to learn and development process is much easier compared to the fullback, halves and hooker. 

Jamaica would be the closest. Serbia if they can get the funding to expand the sport in schools and get more clubs.

I very much doubt that our sport will ever again produce another 'heartland'. The last was France nearly ninety years ago, and that is now shrinking year on year.

The IRL's aim should be to foster and support the development of RL in twenty to thirty countries. In each country, ten well organised and stable clubs, all with a junior set up and meaningful competitions, is more than achievable over the next decade to fifteen years.

1 hour ago, Number 16 said:

I very much doubt that our sport will ever again produce another 'heartland'. The last was France nearly ninety years ago, and that is now shrinking year on year.

The IRL's aim should be to foster and support the development of RL in twenty to thirty countries. In each country, ten well organised and stable clubs, all with a junior set up and meaningful competitions, is more than achievable over the next decade to fifteen years.

I mean a nation that will produce several NRL or Super League players and can qualify for a World Cup with mostly domestic players. I can see Africa  (Nigeria Kenya and Ghana) where apparently rugby league is the fastest growing sport there and Canada if that Cccrl works. 

I think Nigeria in particular has a lot of potential. A massive population and if the game is the fastest growing sport there then they might develop some players that can step up to professional. There's also a large Nigerian population in the UK that could also be tapped into.

They could become quite a strong team with a good mix of domestic and heritage players 

• Like 1

On 07/07/2022 at 13:29, Number 16 said:

More than achievable? Do you know how small and poorly funded the IRL is? I doubt they could set a single club up, anywhere. 

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

More than achievable? Do you know how small and poorly funded the IRL is? I doubt they could set a single club up, anywhere. 

On 10/07/2022 at 05:32, JM2010 said:

I think Nigeria in particular has a lot of potential. A massive population and if the game is the fastest growing sport there then they might develop some players that can step up to professional. There's also a large Nigerian population in the UK that could also be tapped into.

They could become quite a strong team with a good mix of domestic and heritage players 

On 10/07/2022 at 05:32, JM2010 said:

I feel like making the game affordable to play is key many sports are expensive.