Season Summary

distantdog

In the absence of many new signings to keep us excited and on the edge of our seats, I thought I might like to ask a couple of questions about the season gone.

1. What was your favourite game?

2. What was your favourite moment of the season?

For me, the favourite game was Featherstone away in the play-offs. Quite apart from the result, I really enjoyed the atmosphere behind the stands and love games at the end where no one wants to leave.

Favourite moment was Hooley's try against Bradford when he scored from Gilmore's and White's interplay on their line. I have watched it many times on youtube and still struggle to see White's final pass to Hooley.

Any more? Lots to choose from this season as I have enjoyed it as much as any.

Featherstone away in the play offs for me, the atmosphere and because most of the way through the game I was expecting the bubble to burst, and we would lose.

Favourite moment, some of the tries have been fantastic this season, and the feeling of euphoria when the final whistle went at Featherstone, and we were in the GF is certainly up there. However, probably my favourite moment of the season, was when Ritson broke away in the home game against Barrow up the slope. He was well clear of the defence and for all money looked like he was going to dance under the posts, but Campbell got him well short of the line. That moment seems to encapsulate the season somehow. 

I went into so many games thinking we didn't have much of a chance of winning prior to the game, Halifax at home, Newcastle, York and Barrow away, and all 3 games against Featherstone that we won or drew, but the Bulldog never say die attitude shone through.

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

I went into so many games thinking we didn't have much of a chance of winning prior to the game, Halifax at home, Newcastle, York and Barrow away, and all 3 games against Featherstone that we won or drew, but the Bulldog never say die attitude shone through.

The Newcastle away match was an important one for us. They were quite well fancied to do well this season but it was a really decent performance and I think set out our credentials for the season.

• Like 1

Yes but it was bloody cold up there, when Manning did all that chasing back to try and stop that fast break away typified what the season was going to be like.

• Like 1

Tough one! The Fev play off game for obvious reasons, but I'd go with the Barrow away match. They'd pipped us to 4th spot for the home advantage, were in a good run of form and the big crowd expected a home win that they never came close to achieving 😁 and did we celebrate afterwards 

Top moment - has to be JC standing Blackmore up at the Bash against the old enemy

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I'd go with Fev but actually the way league game. We were never really in danger that day bossed it from the start, they knew it and didn't have the fight. That was a game we were given no chance in, at least in the play-off game there was enough belief from those outside the game that us winning was on.

• Like 1