Boxing day game

Batley Bob

7 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

We never looked like getting out of 2nd gear but hopefully we work on fitness jc looked sluggish in the foot race 

Hirst leak McGowan with the halves looked good also our kicking game improved 

Same old thing though really. It's the Boxing Day game giving both squads a run out. Trying to predict any side's fortunes on the basis of these games is foolish.

The players got the chance to shake off some cobwebs and the fans got out to watch a bit of competitive RL and have a bit of catch up with their mates. On top of that both clubs earned a bit of cash, which won't go amiss.

Job done!

• Like 7

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Same old thing though really. It's the Boxing Day game giving both squads a run out. Trying to predict any side's fortunes on the basis of these games is foolish.

The players got the chance to shake off some cobwebs and the fans got out to watch a bit of competitive RL and have a bit of catch up with their mates. On top of that both clubs earned a bit of cash, which won't go amiss.

Job done!

Oh we know that but coaches will also used their minds  to see who’s actually going to be in their plans etc 

glad to see Dewsbury actually turn up with a good crowd 😉 

Well that was refreshing - it was lovely to get out and feel the wind in my hair!

Thought it was a decent game. Unlike others on here, I thought out defence in the first half was OK. We would always accept a 6 point deficit to any team playing up the slope. Second half we got into it a bit more and generally thought there was only going to be one winner. 

Positives - McGowan, Hirst, Woods, Meadows and Morton. The attendance and the positivity from those who I spoke to about the club admission pricing initiative for next season. Thought Dewsbury were decent too, well coached and seemed to be a bit further along than us in on field organization.

Negatives - We seemed to lack a bit of pace on the wings which Dewsbury exposed a couple of times, especially with the try they scored with the kick upfield from their own half. 

Still it all amounts to nothing other than bragging rights. I hope our dear friends from across the valley will be able to assuage their disappointment with the result with the knowledge that the attendance was announced. 

Happy New Year!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

PM just can’t bring himself to mention his full back’s name, for fear of talking tripe I suppose!  His name is Aidan McGowan, try it.

Oh and it’s Josh Woods, not Wood’s (can’t think of anyone with an apostrophe in their surname).

O’Neil, O’Reilly, O’Hare, etc? But I know what you mean.

I’ll go get my coat now,

• Haha 1

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Highlights from the Boxing Day Derby

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..