Is Your Club Doing This?

2 hours ago, Rach said:

Fine if you have a celebrity like Hills behind you but try and set something up with out the backing of either a 'Name' or an SL club and its like banging your head against a brick wall ...

As a former junior coach and RL I work in a secondary SEN school , not a stones throw from a current Championship Club and when the LDRL was launched was keen to try get my school some involvement . Numerous emails/ social media posts  to the RFL and the Community Care Company that supposedly oversee the LDRL asking for more information went unanswered and then at a My Local Club Foundation Event coming through our Club Foundation who were supportive, I was directed to an RFL official who took my details and promised faithfully to get back to me .... surprise, surprise nothing ......

Compare and contrast with the local Mixed Ability RU Club who cant do enough for us ...and wheelchair RL with the Wales Teams Visit during the World Cup the highlight of our school year .....

Sorry to hear that Rach , maybe a lesson to be learned 

11 hours ago, Rach said:

Fine if you have a celebrity like Hills behind you but try and set something up with out the backing of either a 'Name' or an SL club and its like banging your head against a brick wall ...

As a former junior coach and RL I work in a secondary SEN school , not a stones throw from a current Championship Club and when the LDRL was launched was keen to try get my school some involvement . Numerous emails/ social media posts  to the RFL and the Community Care Company that supposedly oversee the LDRL asking for more information went unanswered and then at a My Local Club Foundation Event coming through our Club Foundation who were supportive, I was directed to an RFL official who took my details and promised faithfully to get back to me .... surprise, surprise nothing ......

Compare and contrast with the local Mixed Ability RU Club who cant do enough for us ...and wheelchair RL with the Wales Teams Visit during the World Cup the highlight of our school year .....

Sadly, trying to get help, aid and people in RL to help RL has too many stories like this. And even some reactions in posts on here reflect much of the problems faced by those making the effort.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has provided some interesting responses, and does give an idea of how far apart we can be even on something I thought 99.9% of fans would be up for.

We had a WC that among other things trumpeted the idea of inclusion and was celebrated as being a truly inclusive event.

Quite clearly there are some who feel this is unimportant, trivial and not necessary for the game. That's truly sad for our sport, for the idea of inclusion, for those who love RL always wanted to play but were always deterred and left out and maybe even for our ability to cope with the shapes and figures we come in.

I'm proud of the efforts of our sport so far and hope they continue to ignore the voices of dissent and doubt and make it even more inclusive in the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

This thread has provided some interesting responses, and does give an idea of how far apart we can be even on something I thought 99.9% of fans would be up for.

We had a WC that among other things trumpeted the idea of inclusion and was celebrated as being a truly inclusive event.

Quite clearly there are some who feel this is unimportant, trivial and not necessary for the game. That's truly sad for our sport, for the idea of inclusion, for those who love RL always wanted to play but were always deterred and left out and maybe even for our ability to cope with the shapes and figures we come in.

I'm proud of the efforts of our sport so far and hope they continue to ignore the voices of dissent and doubt and make it even more inclusive in the future.

For a sport to be inclusive it isn't necessary for all parts of it to be associated with pro clubs 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

For a sport to be inclusive it isn't necessary for all parts of it to be associated with pro clubs 

That's true to some extent but the messages it sends out when they are are clear and unequivocal.

And you're either inclusive or you're not, being in favour of it but doing nothing is also a very clear message.

22 minutes ago, Oxford said:

That's true to some extent but the messages it sends out when they are are clear and unequivocal.

And you're either inclusive or you're not, being in favour of it but doing nothing is also a very clear message.

Or having a women's team but have their Super League games played away from where the men do.

7 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Or having a women's team but have their Super League games played away from where the men do.

Is that not sensible if they don't get the crowd to justify opening the stadium?

If the men's team were getting crowds of a few hundred, I'm pretty sure a Super League club would consider whether it's worth having a large stadium for them to play in too.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

If you own the stadium, maybe that's true. If you rent it per match, maybe not.

There's no one size fits all answer.

• Like 1

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

• 1 month later...

Same sort of question, different sort of inclusion ....

"Be a Red’ – Cared for Children!"

https://salfordreddevils.net/be-a-red-cared-for-children/

Cared for children are the forgotten and lost in a forgotten generation, so this is fantastic news. I hope all clubs are thinking along the same lines.

8 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Same sort of question, different sort of inclusion ....

"Be a Red’ – Cared for Children!"

https://salfordreddevils.net/be-a-red-cared-for-children/

Cared for children are the forgotten and lost in a forgotten generation, so this is fantastic news. I hope all clubs are thinking along the same lines.

I've just posted this on the match thread @Oxford.👍 Great initiative and one that all clubs should be looking into. 

Let's hope it gives the kids an insight into what a fantastic sport RL is and converts a few of them into fans of TGG.🤞

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

I've just posted this on the match thread @Oxford.👍 Great initiative and one that all clubs should be looking into. 

Let's hope it gives the kids an insight into what a fantastic sport RL is and converts a few of them into fans of TGG.🤞

I'm particularly pleased over this on and it illustrates SRD's fantastic understanding of : the younger the better, lifetime fans in the making and the importance of inclusion.

It also came on the back of seeing a youtube video of SRD learning disability efforts from a year ago.

I was quite shocked at some of the reaction to this thread the last time and much of it from people who say clubs don't do enough.

Great stuff SS

• Like 2