NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 *** SC Season Complete. See you for the 2024 SC competition here.

8 minutes ago, Graham said:

Do we hold on to Cleary and lose money or make money swapping him for Wayde Egan?

Cleary has a break even of 149 and will surely lose a lot of money. Long term he’s a banker but short term can we afford to keep him?

I'm in the hold Cleary group. He is a gun for a reason. He will come good. But if you need the money to upgrade elsewhere in your team, if you've had a nightmare start, then it could pay off trading him out. The question is, how will you get him back in if he starts to tear it up? I'm not sold on Egan. His minutes concern me, even if he's had a solid start to the year. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

It's hard to look past Turbo. The guy almost hit 100 in round 1 without breaking a sweat. He has an average of 82 and a high score of 179 against the Eels. He plays in the first game of the round though and that's always throws many off captaining a player. Plus the Eels will be desperate for a first win of the year. 

Vice-captaincy could well be thrown on HopGod. Not only has he got an unbelievable floor, he's shown that he has the upside. The doubters will say can he keep it up though! 

But seeing as it's so early in the season, most of us won't be focusing a great deal on the VC. 

Third time lucky for Tedesco? Alternatively, vc HopGod or Turbo and decide after Game 1 whether we need a captain or we use the loop facility. How about going left field and captaining the Hammer against the feeble Knights? Harry Grant to go big against the Titans? Val Holmes to repay those who invested in him against the Warriers?

21 minutes ago, Graham said:

Do we hold on to Cleary and lose money or make money swapping him for Wayde Egan?

Cleary has a break even of 149 and will surely lose a lot of money. Long term he’s a banker but short term can we afford to keep him?

Why move him on this week when he won't lose any money (thanks to the bye)? Surely Teddy (similar break even and playing in a tough match up against the Bunnies) is a more likely candidate to move on? So many quality alternative full backs as well.

1 hour ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Third time lucky for Tedesco? Alternatively, vc HopGod or Turbo and decide after Game 1 whether we need a captain or we use the loop facility. How about going left field and captaining the Hammer against the feeble Knights? Harry Grant to go big against the Titans? Val Holmes to repay those who invested in him against the Warriers?

I don't think I could even play the loop, even if I wanted to. Think all of my players are either selected to start or will see minutes off the bench.

I'm not entirely convinced with the Hammer. I think he could go 70+ points against the Knights so I do see him as someone people could go with for captaincy, but as a long term hold? I'm not sure. The workrate is there, but what happens when the tries and attacking output dries up?

Never underestimate Teddy. That's a tough matchup against Souths. A number are selling this week so he could be the one to jump on and make them regret that decision!

Grant is a player! Was my captain last week and he scored more than other popular captain picks. He's involved in everything the Storm do, plus Melbourne will want to bounce back after that shock Bulldogs loss. I'm very tempted this week again.

I haven't given Holmes much thought to be honest, but he could come good against the Warriors. 

Found this:

Adam Doueihi reportedly sat out of training on Wednesday, suffering foot bruising according to AAP’s Scott Bailey. Tigers medical staff said they were keeping him off his feet as a precaution. According to the NRL Physio, players can usually recover from a bruised foot quickly, granted there is no significant damage with load management the best way to prevent further injury. As it stands, Doueihi will likely take the field, 

Given how the fixtures are this week and players that I own, I think I'm going to have to play Doueihi and pray he plays. I would love to play Katoa this week but already like my reserves and if I sit Doueihi and he kills it, I'll be ######. 

42 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

Given how the fixtures are this week and players that I own, I think I'm going to have to play Doueihi and pray he plays. I would love to play Katoa this week but already like my reserves and if I sit Doueihi and he kills it, I'll be ######. 

I will stick with him for now. He’s actually one of my playing substitutes. If he doesn’t play and there’s not time to do anything about it my other playing squaddies are all predicted a similar score. The bye sees my other predicted high scorers sitting this round out.

Just a little bonus question - which substitute to play of these 

Eliesa Katoa (Storm playing Titans) or Brandon Smith (Roosters playing Souths) ?

I’ve gone with the former.

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results After Round 2 and Chat here. Round 3 Captain ideas… again?
9 hours ago, Graham said:

I will stick with him for now. He’s actually one of my playing substitutes. If he doesn’t play and there’s not time to do anything about it my other playing squaddies are all predicted a similar score. The bye sees my other predicted high scorers sitting this round out.

Just a little bonus question - which substitute to play of these 

Eliesa Katoa (Storm playing Titans) or Brandon Smith (Roosters playing Souths) ?

I’ve gone with the former.

Katoa all day long. Cheese might still be ruled out. He's a sell anyway for me. 

15 hours ago, JimBronco said:

I don't think I could even play the loop, even if I wanted to. Think all of my players are either selected to start or will see minutes off the bench.

I'm not entirely convinced with the Hammer. I think he could go 70+ points against the Knights so I do see him as someone people could go with for captaincy, but as a long term hold? I'm not sure. The workrate is there, but what happens when the tries and attacking output dries up?

Never underestimate Teddy. That's a tough matchup against Souths. A number are selling this week so he could be the one to jump on and make them regret that decision!

Grant is a player! Was my captain last week and he scored more than other popular captain picks. He's involved in everything the Storm do, plus Melbourne will want to bounce back after that shock Bulldogs loss. I'm very tempted this week again.

I haven't given Holmes much thought to be honest, but he could come good against the Warriors. 

Loop one of your Panthers?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Loop one of your Panthers?

I've always been confused with the loop and how it works but I think I've got it now. I'm currently VC Turbo, C Grant. If Turbo runs riot then I'll bring Turuva in for Thompson and will captain Turuva. I only realised earlier this morning when someone told me the loop will work even if you captain a player who is on a Bye. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimBronco said:

I've always been confused with the loop and how it works but I think I've got it now. I'm currently VC Turbo, C Grant. If Turbo runs riot then I'll bring Turuva in for Thompson and will captain Turuva. I only realised earlier this morning when someone told me the loop will work even if you captain a player who is on a Bye. 

Spot on. My plan was the same, but I had HopGod (now HopBad) as vc, so back to Plan A.

So do we think 102 is big enough to loop Turbo or not?  Maybe a few updates will help me decide if his score is reviewed before Grant plays on Saturday.

Or maybe just risk new recruit Kiraz going massive again v a poor looking Tigers?  This game drives me mad....🤦🤣

Edited by Railway End

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results After Round 2 and Chat here. Round 3 - Always: Captain Talk!
On 16/03/2023 at 23:12, Railway End said:

So do we think 102 is big enough to loop Turbo or not?  Maybe a few updates will help me decide if his score is reviewed before Grant plays on Saturday.

Or maybe just risk new recruit Kiraz going massive again v a poor looking Tigers?  This game drives me mad....🤦🤣

I regret my decision to switch captaincy from Grant to Kiraz. I went with Kiraz based on the numbers Dom Young posted against Wests and thought Kiraz could well ton-up against them. He posted a respectful 62 but means I missed out on a possible score of 1100+. Does hurt a little. 

• Graham changed the title to NRL SUPERCOACH COMPETITION *** TotalRLSCLeague23 - Results After Round 2 and Chat here. Round 3 - Always: Captain Talk! Buy Hynes?

Summary of Results After Round 3

sj8GFFo.jpg

Congratulations Rastafarian on your victory.

Points are harder to come by this season so far.

.Belfast Cats top scored this week with a very respectable 1,174 . Not far behind was Barts Battlers 1,129 and then Salt n stepper on 1,122. How about the chasing group in the closest of close proximity HWS on 1,118, SNAFU 1,117 and Rastafarian on 1,116?

Questions 

1. Who do we buy/sell?

2. Is Nathan Cleary a sell or a keep?

3. Is Nicho Hynes a buy this week, next, soon or never?

4. Who’s the best captain this week?

Would be great if we could get a Corey Parker (remember CP13) who was good and reliable as a locked in captain.

5. Any other business.