Is match review panel going soft

eltel

Jack Welsby (St Helens) – High Tackle, Grade A, No further action

Good job it wasn’t a fev player or for that matter any other non super league club player else it might have been a few weeks off. Reminds me of that terrible dirty tackle on john gilbert in 83 or is it me being too cynical.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eltel said:

Jack Welsby (St Helens) – High Tackle, Grade A, No further action

Good job it wasn’t a fev player or for that matter any other non super league club player else it might have been a few weeks off. Reminds me of that terrible dirty tackle on john gilbert in 83 or is it me being too cynical.

They've changed the rules E

t is proposed that the Sentencing Guidelines for each Grade of offence be amended as follows.?  

NORMAL SUSPENSION RANGE?    PREVIOUS SUSPENSION RANGE

A?  0 – Fine?                                                    0 – 1? 

B    Fine    1                                                       1 - 2

C    1 - 2 and Fine                                              2 - 3

D    2 - 3 and Fine                                             3 - 5

E     3 -4 and Fine                                               5 -8

F  6+ or period suspension (and fine)? 8+ or period suspension? 

If you look at it frame by frame its shoulder first and then his arm goes up so the panel is right for me -  thought it was a harsh descision at the time - penalty yes, certainly not a pen try because there was no guarantee he was scoring that if tackled better

Edited by elppaxr2i
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

If you look at it frame by frame its shoulder first and then his arm goes up so the panel is right for me -  thought it was a harsh descision at the time - penalty yes, certainly not a pen try because there was no guarantee he was scoring that if tackled better

Sorry E but you got it wrong a penalty try is awarded if a player is fouled in the ACT of scoring not if he's guaranteed to score with conversion under posts  no matter where offence took place BUT if the lad had scored and  been fouled then not a penalty try but an 8 pointer conversion where try scored then another one under the posts

13 minutes ago, POR said:

Sorry E but you got it wrong a penalty try is awarded if a player is fouled in the ACT of scoring not if he's guaranteed to score with conversion under posts  no matter where offence took place

This is just plain wrong.
from the laws of the game:
"the Referee may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team."

32 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

This is just plain wrong.
from the laws of the game:
"the Referee may award a penalty try if, in his opinion, a try would have been scored but for the unfair play of the defending team."

I know what the rules say P BUT  in a recent tweet Ian smith remember him said

penalty offence, committed during a try-scoring ACT = penalty try. 

8 hours ago, POR said:

I do apologise but I was just repeating what a certain mr smith had said

You also said i got it wrong? Its says “sorry E but you got it wrong” above??

Anyway its alright i accept your apology for your error 

Edited by elppaxr2i

On 28/02/2023 at 21:36, The Phantom Horseman said:

Should be tomorrow. I'd say Mitch Clark will be a bit nervous too having seen the replay of his sin binning incident.

lad who got sent off

Report Received From: Referee – Dismissal Time: 1 07 36 Details of Allegation: High Tackle Decision: Charge Details of Charge / Reason for NFA: Law 15.1 (b) High Tackle – Reckless – tried to tackle but reckless about outcome Grade B Penalty Notice: £125 fine

Mitch Clark

Report Received From: Referee – Sin Bin Time: 1 03 32 Details of Allegation: Leading with elbow/forearm Decision: NFA Details of Charge / Reason for NFA: Player looks to be trying to push the opponent and the arm comes over the shoulder of the opponent and is not directed towards the opponent’s head or neck. Penalty Notice: N/A

and finally Dan

Report Received From: Referee – Sin Bin Time: 1 07 36 Details of Allegation: Coming together Decision: NFA Details of Charge / Reason for NFA: Player runs in and pushes opponent over after a high tackle on his team mate. No punches thrown. Penalty Notice: N/A

Had to laugh last night after the gaggle of 8  pointers thursday night our friend Mr K called for a penalty try for a foul on a saints player about5 or 6 yard out from the try line  with out the ball ball and when you watched it back no chance of getting the ball  what was even funnier  the so called experts were asking if it was an 8 pointer even though the scorer didn't get fouled

I wonder if this is going to be the flavour of the month for all televised games  🤣

Incidentally grandson went as a guest of his mate from UNI to HKR last night HKR scored hardaker fouled scorer similar to Dupree no video ref normal try😭