NRL in Las Vegas 2024

5 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

It’s a very bold project. I hope it is a success.

I think it would be a very brave (or foolish) person who underestimates V`landy`s ability to turn this into a big event. This is the bloke who created `The Everest`, the second richest horse race in the world with $20m prize money, he loves the big stage and he loves even more to be at the centre of it. 

The stories are public knowledge of him at the Everest working the room full of the who`s who of the Australian entertainment and business world stone cold sober (he doesn`t drink) while all around him everyone is as ###### as a newt and having a great time. This Vegas thing just gives him a bigger stage and I dare say he will revel in it. It`s going to be very interesting to see how much hoopla they put on around this thing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I think it would be a very brave (or foolish) person who underestimates V`landy`s ability to turn this into a big event. This is the bloke who created `The Everest`, the second richest horse race in the world with $20m prize money, he loves the big stage and he loves even more to be at the centre of it. 

The stories are public knowledge of him at the Everest working the room full of the who`s who of the Australian entertainment and business world stone cold sober (he doesn`t drink) while all around him everyone is as ###### as a newt and having a great time. This Vegas thing just gives him a bigger stage and I dare say he will revel in it. It`s going to be very interesting to see how much hoopla they put on around this thing.

Keep your ear to the ground mate, I can't wait. Any news on this, is good news. 

• Like 1

This is about gambling and News Corp and nothing else. They couldn't give a stuff if Americans started playing the game or not as long as they punt on the NRL.

I wonder if V'landys and Andrew Abdo (the most invisible CEO in Australian sport) have any other vision for the game?

• Like 1