Sun 21st May: The Betfred League One Match Thread

38 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

I also support Leeds United so you can imagine how I'm feeling on the journey home. 

It's tempting to draw comparisons between the two teams but I'm not sure they're failing for the same reasons. Hurricanes today seemed to be lacking energy and commitment and Crusaders brought their A-game which saw them demolish any hope the fans held that another home win was on the cards. 

We had been getting closer to North Wales but we're miles behind on this showing. 

Looks as if you had a reasonably decent second half, though. We've a nasty habit of assuming a game's cut and dried when it ain't - lost more than a few that way!

3 hours ago, Yorks Tim said:

I also support Leeds United so you can imagine how I'm feeling on the journey home. 

It's tempting to draw comparisons between the two teams but I'm not sure they're failing for the same reasons. Hurricanes today seemed to be lacking energy and commitment and Crusaders brought their A-game which saw them demolish any hope the fans held that another home win was on the cards. 

We had been getting closer to North Wales but we're miles behind on this showing. 

I can't comment about your football team but I thought Hurricanes looked far better in thr second half...but they did have a long way to catch us on our best first half performance of the year. In the second half 'Canes gave us a lot of defensive practice and were showing a lot of flair. We've only won one in seven so I wouldn't be too despondent.

Really enjoyed the Oldham v Dewsbury game which (no offence) was more like a championship game. Very few errors from both sides. I was cheering for Oldham as I live near Martyn Ridyard's Dad, and apart from Ridy I thought the forwards Nelmes & Whittel really stood out for them. even though it took a penalty conversion in the dying seconds to level the game for the Roughyeds, in my opinion they really should have won this game. But full credit to the Rams with the limited scoring opportunities they  did have, they made the most of it. A cracking game in cracking  weather. 🙂

• Like 5

On 21/05/2023 at 21:54, gogledd said:

I can't comment about your football team but I thought Hurricanes looked far better in thr second half...but they did have a long way to catch us on our best first half performance of the year. In the second half 'Canes gave us a lot of defensive practice and were showing a lot of flair. We've only won one in seven so I wouldn't be too despondent.

A decent second half was not enough for the owners and Richard Squires leaves the club. 

Club statement

2 hours ago, Yorks Tim said:

A decent second half was not enough for the owners and Richard Squires leaves the club. 

Club statement

After Sunday's result it's not completely unsurprising. However, the squad is largely the same quality as last year so they are probably where they should be in terms of the league table. Will be interesting to see who the bring in. 

• Like 1