Widnes H

HP Beans

21 hours ago, Raider83 said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say a comfortable win......🤞

We don't seem to do comfortable wins. 

The character we showed in the last 15 minutes was superb. In the 2nd half felt like every 50/50 went against us and the ball kept bouncing for them. Their hooker must have had 4 or 5 marginally forward passes which you would usually expect to get a couple given your way. 

I thought we dominated through the middle most the game. Ellis and Anton were outstanding as always and Ben Evans has looked like a different player this last couple of weeks. 

Broady again outstanding he gives absolutely everything and is safe as houses. 

Toal deserved man of the match. I quite like the partnership of him and Bulman, there is genuine pace and tackle breaking ability which causes issues for the opposition. 

We have a tough run coming up. Ideally if we could pick up any points against Halifax, Batley or Bradford it will put us in a good position. 6 of our last 7 games are London, Whitehaven, Swinton, Newcastle, York and Keighley hence if we can keep ahead of the bottom 2 I'd be pretty confident there is 4 or 5 wins out of those games. 

• Like 2

My nerves can’t take this much longer! Completely in control at 18 - 0 then switched off for 20 minutes. Defence in the last 20 minutes was immense. Gilliam’s hit on Grady turned the game. The forwards are starting to show a bit of form now, if only we had a 7 who could control things of the back of it. Gillam man of match for me. 

• Like 2

To be honest 1st half we were miles better than Widnes but 2 very very lucky breaks for them early in 2nd half for the 2 tries got their dander up and we were deflated and hence they got the upper hand.

Our defence was epic for that last 20 mins.

Gillam got mom but Anton ran him very very close

• Like 2

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Need to start selling underwear at the ground if this is gonna carry on 😂😅 Too close in the end when we were in total control. Ellis and Anton were immense in the middle, Broady brilliant as usual. Wood great also. Thought everyone played their part today in a great win, onto next week COYR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1