Toronto Wolfpack 2023 fixtures

31 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Not sure who is claiming this but it is absolutely not true!

There are some good Union players playing League in the US and some basic ones as well. I'm not well versed enough to be able to compare the different levels in each country but we see some good players.

Some guy was just saying this on the MLR subreddit this week, but seems to have deleted all of his posts or his account. Same guy didn't know TWP existed again so definitely not an up to date source.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I find it odd that the online store for a Canadian team has prices in £s without having to click on a link. If those prices are actually £s rather than $s I can’t see them selling many.

It may just know where you are - some places do switch to £ without you needing to do anything.

OTOH, they may just be a UK based concern cosplaying as a Canadian set up ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

It may just know where you are - some places do switch to £ without you needing to do anything.

Or they think that the market for their merchandise is larger amongst British rugby league fans than it is in Canada.

50 minutes ago, sam4731 said:

I've noticed that Canada don't have any games this year. Part of their plans for next year have got to include hosting a couple of internationals at the Den.

They play this week in the Americas Championship -

Monday 25th, 9:30pm UK time - USA v Canada

Wednesday 27th, 9:30pm UK time - Jamaica v Canada

1 hour ago, Barley Mow said:

They play this week in the Americas Championship -

Monday 25th, 9:30pm UK time - USA v Canada

Wednesday 27th, 9:30pm UK time - Jamaica v Canada

Those times are 4:30 PM Eastern time, and on weekdays.  Nor exactly conducive to getting crowds in the stadium. 

On 23/09/2023 at 16:49, gingerjon said:

I am pressing on from down under and the prices appear in $ (I assume CAD, but maybe not) . Dont know if the figures change as well but the sports bra I will be asking Santa for appears as $103.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...