Chisholm

jamescolin

I can't understand why the club are not letting fans know why high profile players with experience are leaving the club all of a sudden. Santi was explained regards his contract but Crooks and Chisholm gone and no explanation. 

Surly if a player signs a contract for 1, 2 or 3 seasons they should see the contract out.

Apart from loan players we are basically a Championship 1 team from last season. It's so disappointing after the build up to the start of the season with some very good signings that realistically should have seen us finish no lower than mid table.

Halfway through the season now can the owners come out and explain what happened to the first half of the season and what the plans are for the rest of the season and beyond. 

Doubt that will happen.  I was told Friday dane wasn't leaving 5 days later he's gone. 

people will slag you off for having an opinion. I have gone home and away for over 30 years and never felt as deflated about watching the team. Bradford derbies waited a long time for but I can't bring myself to go Sunday to watch us get hammered and bradford fans gloating. We have let all our experienced players go for youngsters. We announce best player leaving then put a post up advertising merchandise. Why would people spend on merchandise with all this uncertainty.  Something to me doesn't add up. First time in a hell of long time didn't even attend Sunday even though having a season ticket. Fans Will moan been negative etc but it's an opinion that's all. We have signed so many In experienced players to try keep us up. Our next two home games are the biggest of the season hopefully the club will prove me wrong and bring some experience in.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Hicks said:

I can't understand why the club are not letting fans know why high profile players with experience are leaving the club all of a sudden. Santi was explained regards his contract but Crooks and Chisholm gone and no explanation. 

Surly if a player signs a contract for 1, 2 or 3 seasons they should see the contract out.

Apart from loan players we are basically a Championship 1 team from last season. It's so disappointing after the build up to the start of the season with some very good signings that realistically should have seen us finish no lower than mid table.

Halfway through the season now can the owners come out and explain what happened to the first half of the season and what the plans are for the rest of the season and beyond. 

£££££££  ?

22 minutes ago, Mr Hicks said:

It's cutting the wage bill, simple as that really. Owners realised there's no prospect of promotion with our current stand and off the field set up. They've openly said our wage bill was the second highest in the league. 

Santi, Crooks, Chizzy, Gale, Lovegrove all gone from the wage bill.

We've brough in young Luca Atkinson, Jake Sweeting and Junior S'au and a load of loans. Still no full time coach. I don't know peoples wages but I bet there's over 100k in savings there.

I am worried other high earners who have come in and done a good job (Ioane, Doyle, Walker, Sid, Robson) and other good players such as Storey, Young, Graham will all follow suit and leave the club in the near future. Hopefully we can keep them for this season and re evaluate but I expect the turn over of players to continue at some point.

22 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

They've openly said our wage bill was the second highest in the league. 

I am worried other high earners who have come in and done a good job (Ioane, Doyle, Walker, Sid, Robson) and other good players such as Storey, Young, Graham will all follow suit and leave the club in the near future. Hopefully we can keep them for this season and re evaluate but I expect the turn over of players to continue at some point.

I am surprised by the first sentence shown in the quote.

Only Luke Gale arrived after Henderson left - so it would appear the owners were satisfied with the squad,such as it was,paying out that money with over half the squad kept from League 1 days.Plus,the apparent offer of a salary increase to Miller;but he left anyway.

Gale left,then the others have followed in quick succession so I'm guessing if that financial arrangement,as stated, meant monies held back till the end of the season,which caused the initial problems,should be available as those who have left won't be entitled to it.

If the wage bill was the second highest in the league have they all left just to finish higher on the league ladder,or as Championship winners,but taking a wage cut halfway through the season?  Is that plausible?

Perhaps the too good to refuse offer by York,and the not so bad offer by Featherstone are good lessons that spending cash for the important part of the season is the way ahead.It's also the time when results matter...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

What puzzles me was that in Ryan's video message to the fans he said the playing budget remains the same. We cant have even spent a 5th of Gales wage on players that have come in since never mind Crooks, Santi and Chisholms wages.

Would be interesting to see what the crowd would be if we played Bradford at home this week compared to when we played them a few month ago. I'm pretty sure there would be hundreds of Keighley supporters missing that were there that day.

At the beginning of the season my friend who lives in South Wales said he would come up to watch a couple of home games this season. When I asked him last week when he was planning to come up he replied I dont think I will be.

Sundays crowd of 2000+ was seriously increased with hundreds of free tickets. All the positivity the season started with is slowly draining away. God knows what the outcome will be if we get relegated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Hicks said:

What puzzles me was that in Ryan's video message to the fans he said the playing budget remains the same. We cant have even spent a 5th of Gales wage on players that have come in since never mind Crooks, Santi and Chisholms wages.

Would be interesting to see what the crowd would be if we played Bradford at home this week compared to when we played them a few month ago. I'm pretty sure there would be hundreds of Keighley supporters missing that were there that day.

At the beginning of the season my friend who lives in South Wales said he would come up to watch a couple of home games this season. When I asked him last week when he was planning to come up he replied I dont think I will be.

Sundays crowd of 2000+ was seriously increased with hundreds of free tickets. All the positivity the season started with is slowly draining away. God knows what the outcome will be if we get relegated. 

Totally agree. Doesn't help with all uncertainty. Like I said in earlier post I have a season ticket never miss home or away and decided Sunday to not attend. This Sunday I won't be attending as cant stand to watch the Bradford fans gloating when they beat us at that s##t ground. 

• Like 2

We all have an opinion and shouldn't be affraid to say what we think or accept criticism when someone disagrees.

My thoughts are that we are playing a very dangerous game in letting our best players leave when we are in a relegation battle. I also think that the owners should be better at communicating their reasons for doing so. Fans just fill in the blanks when the facts aren't known.

Our recent results do reflect where we are now as a club. However two 2pt defeats away from home, which both could easily have been reversed aren't the end of the world. Where would we be now with those 4 pts? - not having this discussion probably.

For those that missed the Haven game, we played well and fully deserved the win. This with a radically changed team from the one which started the season. The team spirit seems to be alive and kicking.

I will be at odsal on sunday to support the club and will give them a cheer for those missing fans. As long as I can see effort from the players I will continue.

Through good times and bad.

• Like 1

I don't quite understand the message it sends out to potential future players,or potential head coaches.

Bearing in mind the uncertainty of which League they will be playing in next season,the recruitment is going to be extremely difficult.

I just wonder what is going to happen,next...

As someone looking from the outside, there was a fair bit of gloating (and a decent crowd) when you won the reverse fixture earlier in the season…..

However, 
I think your owners were caught out by the IMG timeframe and went “big” a season too early. They were relatively new to the mad world of RL ownership and are learning from mistakes. They’re now rolling it all back and planning for a more sustainable push from next season, along with infrastructure upgrades. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I don't quite understand the message it sends out to potential future players,or potential head coaches.

Bearing in mind the uncertainty of which League they will be playing in next season,the recruitment is going to be extremely difficult.

I just wonder what is going to happen,next...

I agree. Plus potential sponsers.

This is where the communication has been poor.

I think we are all wondering what happens next.

2 hours ago, Buzzer90 said:

Surely they didn't actually expect promotion this year?

The IMG changes were always going to be accepted so they must have known it was coming.

I don't think they expected it this season, but they certainly expected to be up in the play offs and build next season from there. Everything is at the club needs improvement though so spending big on players is futile until thats sorted.

We have a new stand being built after this season. We've applied for a reserves and woman's team. So they are positive steps. Theres other areas to improve as well but it'll be gradual I'm sure. 

19 hours ago, Indigogo said:

It's cutting the wage bill, simple as that really. Owners realised there's no prospect of promotion with our current stand and off the field set up. They've openly said our wage bill was the second highest in the league. 

We've brough in young Luca Atkinson, Jake Sweeting and Junior S'au and a load of loans. Still no full time coach. I don't know peoples wages but I bet there's over 100k in savings there.

54 minutes ago, Indigogo said:

I don't think they expected it this season, but they certainly expected to be up in the play offs and build next season from there. Everything is at the club needs improvement though so spending big on players is futile until thats sorted.

We have a new stand being built after this season. We've applied for a reserves and woman's team. So they are positive steps. Theres other areas to improve as well but it'll be gradual I'm sure. 

There was silly me,thinking that the start of the domino effect,the dismissal of the head coach,was based on results.

Long before IMG,there was an American who allegedly said - It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

They may need a PR expert in before the squad for next year gets announced.

It seems certain to be wholly different from the one that started this campaign.

• Like 1