Fri 7th Jul: SL: Castleford Tigers v Leigh Leopards KO 20:00

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/07/23 at 19:30

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

I've seen that story pop up a few times and the actual truth has been somewhat twisted. The Principal Contractor was Barr Construction who completed the stadium at the end of 2011. They also built one of the Olympic Park venue's (can't remember which one now) not completing that until early 2012.

They'd been bought out around 5 years earlier, incidentally by McLaughlin & Harvey who were also the designers of the stadium but kept the Barr Construction name up until around 2015, so essentially it was a D&B contract. They never went bust at all. They did have an issue with one of their Sub-contractors who I believe did go bust during construction, but as Principal Contractor Barr's remained responsible for completing construction of the whole stadium. They also had an issue with some loose cladding after a storm just before the first game in Jan 2012 which was later found to be down to some defective fixings. Saints hired their own local company to fix the damage and billed Barr's for it as a defect.

As i said in an earlier post they also had  a dispute with the Architects over the 'fitness of purpose' regarding not having the cladding all the way to the roofline. The 2 parties agreed a settlement (which was never made public as far as I know) and the remaining cladding was put up a year later.

That's what I said 

Just in less detail 😉

On 10/07/2023 at 18:51, Harry Stottle said:

That sounds like conceding Wheldon Rd is a sh*thole, no amount of fabrication can justify it any other way, it will be a great shame that given a warning in 2010 to improve the facilities which has been totally ignored comes back to bite them in the ######, the officers at the club over those years completely disregarded the advice that was given but one reaps what they sow.

wyes it is a sh1thole and it 's costing us thousands of pounds a month just to stand still.

1 - Club receives warning to improve facilities

2 - Club gets guarantee of a new stadium from developers of a new retail park

3 - Club does minimum to ensure ground is improved to safety standard while waiting on new ground

4 - pandemic hits and shatters any opportunity of retail development going ahead and new stadium off the table

If you believe that the warning was totally ignored then you're an imbecile. the club aren't faultless but we've had some pretty tough cards dealt against us and no big money man to see us through.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

2 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

wyes it is a sh1thole and it 's costing us thousands of pounds a month just to stand still.

1 - Club receives warning to improve facilities

2 - Club gets guarantee of a new stadium from developers of a new retail park

3 - Club does minimum to ensure ground is improved to safety standard while waiting on new ground

4 - pandemic hits and shatters any opportunity of retail development going ahead and new stadium off the table

If you believe that the warning was totally ignored then you're an imbecile. the club aren't faultless but we've had some pretty tough cards dealt against us and no big money man to see us through.

I resemble that remark and there are many who will agree with you.

But its 14 years since the initial warning was given to 3 clubs it seems such a hell of a long time, perhaps someone got a nod and a wink that there would be no retribution for doing nothing for a long period of time.

And in this day and age I would say that any SL club who does not have a money man are skating on very thin ice, and even more so if the TV contracts reduce in value again.

Edited by Harry Stottle

On 13/07/2023 at 14:18, Harry Stottle said:

I resemble that remark and there are many who will agree with you.

But its 14 years since the initial warning was given to 3 clubs it seems such a hell of a long time, perhaps someone got a nod and a wink that there would be no retribution for doing nothing for a long period of time.

And in this day and age I would say that any SL club who does not have a money man are skating on very thin ice, and even more so if the TV contracts reduce in value again.

so money man or sling your hook - got it

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

3 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

so money man or sling your hook - got it

I am not a fan of what IMG are bringing to the proceedings, but having that money man will surely help in acheiving the goals they are setting, no disrespect and none meant when I last posted but times are a changing.